What's new

Iphone 4 different contacts after being repaired.

moz76

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to iphone so please bare with me.

I bought a second hand iphone 4 yesterday and noticed that the password restriction code had two failed attempts, i called the seller back who told me he had forgot the code as he had the phone for over 2 years and hadnt been able to wipe all his contacts etc because of this.

after a little research i seen online it could be changed at a phone shop , so off i went handed my phone over and when i got it back the code was reset ,only thing is the iphone now had lots of different contacts and messages including photos etc to someone with a different name, the seller has no idea why this is as he guarantees me hes never heard of this person..

Has anyone any idea why this could have happened , the reason i ask is that one of the messages on the phone stated it was a contract and due to be blocked.

now the sellers info that was on the phone all related to his work and some of the contacts on the phone were the same as the company logo on his t-shirt and van so i believe it is genuine but think its strange that after i handed it into a shop, all his info was wiped and replaced with someone else..

sorry for long first post :)

It was restored and loaded with another backup.