What's new

Please help, husband lost only video of our dead son

Bunnyalbertsmom

Reaction score
Please, please, please help. The only video of my dead 8 day old son was on this phone and I think a copy was on my husbands new work laptop. My son died in October. I kept bugging my husband for the video off his laptop, instead he kept putting it off then went on a night out and left the laptop in the car overnight so it got nicked over Christmas. The video was recorded whilst this phone was his work phone with his work sim in it so all the data would have been backed up to his work's big server (for global company). He also put all the photos etc onto iTunes which was connected to his work's email or account or something (I am a complete newbie to iPhones and iTunes so I haven't got a clue). Work then gave him the phone so he put his own sim in it before giving it to me and putting my sim in it. He's checked the backup at his work but says he can't find the video as it's only a small file being only a few seconds long. I don't know if this is true or whether it's because he left it too long so the backup to October doesn't exist anymore. He also checked his iTunes account whilst at his work (he didn't have this iPhone at the time) and couldn't find it on there. We have both checked this iPhone an can't see it in the visible videos for this phone. I don't think he's being honest with me as he's very quiet and tetchy on the subject and snaps at me. I suspect maybe it doesn't exist as he's left it too long for it to be on the work's backup, it used to be on his old work laptop (the one he had prior to the one that got nicked) but I don't know why he hasn't tried this already (whether this has been wiped or destroyed), I think he may have accidentally wiped it off this phone as this phone still shows the photos he took on it of my son but not the video, these are just my suspicions but I don't know much about technology, iPhones, iTunes, sims, severs/backup. The video is only a few seconds long but it is priceless to me. Could the video still exist hidden away on this phone? Or could it be on iTunes if he logged onto iTunes using this phone and his old account (I don't know how to do this). I don't think iPhones save videos on their sims? Any ideas or suggestions would be fantastic. Thank you so much.

Maybe someone with more technical knowledge than i have will be able to help, You are right though in your thinking that videos are not saved on sims, In the meanwhile i will move this thread to where it might receive more attention, I hope you find the video.

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I certainly hope someone can help you retrieve this precious video. iTunes in itself does not "store" pictures nor video. It is a mechanism to sync to your computer or back up files to either your computer or to iCloud (a "cloud" service provided by Apple). The video would have had to have been transferred to a computer to be saved or backed up to iCloud. See if you can find out HOW your husband backed up his phone. If it was backed up to iCloud, hopefully it will be retrievable, since it does not appear he has a backup to a computer.

wish i could help you with this matter, but i have no idea. however, i will send a prayer for your son.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys so much for replying and your help, we are still desperately trying to find the video. We still don't know why the videos vanished from the iphone when he gave it to me as his photos are all still on here and neither of us deleted the videos (the only things he deleted before giving the phone to me were his Apps) yet there were no videos on the phone when I received it. My husband says he is still ploughing through back up records on the server whenever he is in the office but he is finishing employment there soon due to us having to relocate to be near family during this tragic time so anymore suggestions are extremely welcome. Thanks again