What's new

Upgrading from IOS 4 to IOS 6 for example, please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omoeko

Reaction score
Hi All

I have an iphone 4, which has served me for the last 3 years or so. It has firmware 04:10:01 and is also jailbroken as well, the model is MC603B. I have stayed away from upgrading it all these while as I do not want any hassle with not being able to jailbreak the newer model etc. I am also quite out of date on the jailbreaking game. Can someone please tell me how I can upgrade from my IOS version 4 firmware to a newer stable version for example version 6, a step by step guide is what I need.

As I am also in the UK, I am not sure if my iphone is unlocked or not, I cannot remember as i have been using phone for over 2 years on the same network (bought phone independently of my phone contract), so I do not want a situation whereby i upgrade onto a newer firmware and cannot use the phone again due to being restricted onto one network. Also I read somewhere that cydia no longer works, I used to pirate, but I gather that no longer works too, please update me on how to get new apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're referring to the baseband or the modem firmware. The baseband only affects your signal/reception and such, and does not influence whether or not you can run apps. If you want to upgrade your iOS to a later iOS, restore using iTunes.

We have a strict policy against piracy of any kind. If you want apps, buy them from the AppStore. Pirating is stealing and stealing is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.