What's new

Is it worth upgrading to iOS 6?

MikeCorruption

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am a regular Jailbreaker, jailbroken my device on iOS 4 and 5, im currently using an iPhone 4 with the iOS 5.1.1, now my questions is, is it worth upgrading to iOS 6.1? now just let me say if i do upgrade id want to Jail Break it, not only that id prefer to have a smooth, no stress jailbreak, i know those are hard to come by, but still :) what would you guys reccomend? also can i back up text messages before the upgrade? so i can restore them on iOS 6.1

It's user preference. Personally I always keep my devices on the most up-to-date jailbreakable firmware. Other people will say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" so it's just whatever you prefer. The iOS6 jailbreak is just as easy, if not easier, than iOS4 and iOS5 jailbreaks.

If you do upgrade, I would advise against restoring from backup as that almost always causes problems. You can use a 3rd party app like PKGBackup if you want to backup your contacts, SMS, photos, etc.

6.1.2, soon to be 6.1.3 which patches the iOS6 jailbreak exploit, so if you were going to upgrade, now would be the time to do it ;)

6.1.2, soon to be 6.1.3 which patches the iOS6 jailbreak exploit, so if you were going to upgrade, now would be the time to do it ;)

Well since he's on the 4, as long as he has the blobs for it, he can always upgrade later if he wants to see how things pan out.

Ive decided to upgrade, better to be safe with my 6.1.2 blobs than sorry, its a good iOS i like it so far, shame about some Tweaks no longer working with iOS 6 though :(

Ive decided to upgrade, better to be safe with my 6.1.2 blobs than sorry, its a good iOS i like it so far, shame about some Tweaks no longer working with iOS 6 though :(

There are alternatives for the ones that aren't supported. And it takes time for them to upgrade, as most developers have jobs and such that they have to keep up with, and their jailbreaking utilities are just a hobby as in finding jailbreaks for the Dev-Team.

Just a few weeks earlier, I would've said no, don't update, due to a battery eating bug...but that was fixed...in the upcoming 6.1.3 update, the evasi0n jailbreak exploits will be patched...