What's new

upgraded 3GS and now I cant use my SIM card

dobrai

Reaction score
hello, I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1. my SIM card worked well but now I updated the iOS to 6.1.3 and it doesn't work anymore. thanks for the help!

If you relied on UltraSn0w as your source of unlock, you'll need it again. On the old bootrom 3GS, you can use UltraSn0w on 6.1.3. If your 3GS is a new bootrom, you must downgrade to an iOS 6.1 or lower iOS to use UltraSn0w. If neither are your options, you'll need to purchase a carrier/IMEI unlock

Mine is a new bootrom, and I don't have saved blobs, guess I'll have to get an IMEI unlock?

Last edited:
Pretty much. Which is why on jailbroken devices, you always save blobs manually, don't rely on Cydia.

Hi dobrai,

How did you resolve it.

Can you please share the details as i too am facing the same issue.

Thanks

Willerz2,
Where can i purchase a carrier/IMEI unlock, Any references.
Thanks

The only ones we recommend are ApplenBerry.com. All other sources are at your own risk

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

yea i'd love to help but it wasnt me who solved it, but i'm sure he didn't buy an unlock

Is there any way i can install 5.1 IOS without the the blobs for 5.1. Or is 6.1.3 the only way to upgrade.
My Iphone is currently on 4.1

Is there any way i can install 5.1 IOS without the the blobs for 5.1. Or is 6.1.3 the only way to upgrade.

If you don't have blobs, the only iOS you can upgrade to is 6.1.3, which is not jailbreakable.

You cannot restore to any iOS selectively without blobs. The only exception to this rule is iOS 4.1, which does not require blobs to restore to for the iPhone 3GS and 4, and the iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generations.

You cannot restore to any iOS selectively without blobs. The only exception to this rule is iOS 4.1, which does not require blobs to restore to for the iPhone 3GS and 4, and the iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generations.

Thanks a lot for your response

Can you please let me know when would the jailbreakable version of 6.1.3 be available.

Which forums or group should i keep track on to know the latest regarding 6.1.3

Can you please let me know when would the jailbreakable version of 6.1.3 be available.

There will not be a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3. You'll have no choice but to wait for iOS 7 and hope an iOS 7 jailbreak is released before too long.

Any updated news on promising jailbreak updates and such will be posted here.

Considering that the iPhone 4S/5, and iPad2-mini do not have a working exploit for downgrading iOS, jailbreaking iOS 6.1.3 is a waste of resources assuming that they can be further used on iOS 7. And iOS 7 jailbreaking news will not come until the GM release of iOS 7 at the very minimum.