What's new

is my iphone 3gs cracked?

isameer

Reaction score
Hi,

I iphone is totally new for me, I want to know is my iphone 3gs is cracked or not?
its showing its version is 3.1.3, when I am connecting it to my pc itunes asking me to update its software to 6.1.3. Shall I do so, if I update to higher version shall my sim card will work?

Please help.

Cracked is not the same as an unlock. Cracked refers to having full access to the software component of primarily games, more specifically PC games. You're referring to unlocked. If you haven't paid for a service or currently not using UltraSn0w, your device is more than likely not unlocked. Software updates do not affect your carrier

thanks willerz2. But what is UltraSn0w? I am not able to install any software like whatsapp, markets on mobile, etc on my iphone3. when I am clicking download link a message appears " safari can not open the page because the address is invalid."

Last edited:
UltraSn0w is a software unlock that's available primarily for jailbroken iPhone 3GS'. The software is downloadable through Cydia. If this is the first time you've heard about it, your device is probably not unlocked via this method. Majority of apps require iOS 4.3 and iOS 5 at the bare minimum, with quite a few apps requiring iOS 6, but not as much as the iOS 5 minimum. My recommendation, is that you upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 for full availability of app supports and such