What's new

Upgrade to ios 5 for iphone 4

jshiva2003

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 with baseband 4.10.01 .

I would like to upgrade to IOS 5 without updating the base band. Is this possible?

Thanks

JS

I have an iphone 4 with baseband 4.10.01 .

I would like to upgrade to IOS 5 without updating the base band. Is this possible?

Thanks

JS

Hi and yes.

You do this:

1) Download ios 5.0.1 ipsw (you can check the forum for a pinned post with all ipsw files, you choose the right one for iphone 4)

2) download redsn0w 0.9.10b4 (you can find on google)

3) You run redsn0w - EXTRAS - CREATE CUSTOM IPSW and it will ask you to select a file, you select the 5.0.1 ipsw that you have downloaded

Then it will create a custom for you (the custom ipsw file name will start with NO_BB)

4) Then you go to itunes, hook up your phone and holding down SHIFT button on your keyboard, click on RESTORE.
A window will open up, and you will select the NO_BB ipsw that you created and you click OPEN.

The restoring process will start. Once it is done, your phone will be on ios 5.0.1 and with a preserved baseband.

Now if you want to jailbreak as well, you can use redsn0w (the same one), go to "Jailbreak and Install Cydia", and turn off your phone and follow the instructions, and tick "install cydia" (and nothing else) when asked.

If you need any help or have any questions please let me know.

Are you using a Gevey sim?

^ You are the most welcome :)

Yes indeed, Well I loved to do that kind of stuff for those people who asked for it nicely. ^_^

Hi and yes.

You do this:

1) Download ios 5.0.1 ipsw (you can check the forum for a pinned post with all ipsw files, you choose the right one for iphone 4)

2) download redsn0w 0.9.10b4 (you can find on google)

3) You run redsn0w - EXTRAS - CREATE CUSTOM IPSW and it will ask you to select a file, you select the 5.0.1 ipsw that you have downloaded

Then it will create a custom for you (the custom ipsw file name will start with NO_BB)

4) Then you go to itunes, hook up your phone and holding down SHIFT button on your keyboard, click on RESTORE.
A window will open up, and you will select the NO_BB ipsw that you created and you click OPEN.

The restoring process will start. Once it is done, your phone will be on ios 5.0.1 and with a preserved baseband.

Now if you want to jailbreak as well, you can use redsn0w (the same one), go to "Jailbreak and Install Cydia", and turn off your phone and follow the instructions, and tick "install cydia" (and nothing else) when asked.

If you need any help or have any questions please let me know.

Are you using a Gevey sim?

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. I just followed this and have been able to upgrade to IOS 5 without updating my baseband.

Yes. I am using a Gavey SIM.

Thank you again.