What's new

iPhone 4 Restoring Errors

HRida

Reaction score
Goal: Upgrading iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3.5 to 5.1.1 || unlocking my baseband without using a Sim (ex: Gevey) as my BB is 4.10.01 || achieving untethered iPhone with IOS 5.1.1

Questions:

1- Is it possible to achieve all the above Goals ?

2- I'm facing error like: 3149 / 1600 / 11 while restoring IPSW of 5.1.1 IOS so is their a way to restore to the updated IOS or no ?

3- Is their a way to unlock my BB on 4.3.5 or 5.1.1 (ex: Like downgrading my BB ? or Using some Cydia source package to unlock ?)

4- If I can't upgrade and I can't unlock my BB unless using a gevey is their a way to achieve untethered in 4.3.5 IOS ?

Regards HRida

Just to simplify your answer... the only way to update to iOS 5.1.1 is if you have SHSH's (Apple's Verification Signature) saved for 5.1.1 from your iDevice. As well, there isn't an Untethered JB for 4.3.5. And... the only way to Unlock the 4.10.01 BB is via the Gevey Ultra Sim.

even updating for 5.0.1 and 5.0 I still need the SHSH for these versions on my iPhone. Right ?

even updating for 5.0.1 and 5.0 I still need the SHSH for these version on my iPhone. Right ?
Correct... the only way to upgrade or downgrade to any iOS version not currently being signed by Apple is if you have SHSH's saved via Cydia or TinyUmbrella.

sry for bothering u with these questions but what about downgrading my BB ??

k thx alot man I really apriciate your help here as well I think am in dead block.

Note: Do u recommend to update for IOS 6.0 as waiting for a jailbreak or no I just keep it steady and buy a Gevey Sim and unlock my phone (4.3.5 IOS) waiting for the new IOS 6.0 jailbreak ?

You can update to iOS 6.0 at this time. However, updating your iDevice (and maintaining the 4.10.01 BB) will require the use of a custom IPSW created by either redsn0w or sn0wbreeze. Just be sure to not use the direct Restore feature via iTunes.

Is their a tutorial how to use GEVEY SIM ? and plz can u tell me which one I should buy ?

Last edited: