What's new

baseband upgrade possible??

maximedelo

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Iphone 4 with baseband 02.10.04 on IOS5. it seems to cause me some problems. Battery drain, heating and no GPS. I would like to upgrade baseband to 04.10.01, which should solve the problem that I read... Any possibilities??? I am using Gevey SIM Ultra so that's why I cant do a regular upgrade.

Thanks

maximedelo said:
Hi, I have an Iphone 4 with baseband 02.10.04 on IOS5. it seems to cause me some problems. Battery drain, heating and no GPS. I would like to upgrade baseband to 04.10.01, which should solve the problem that I read... Any possibilities??? I am using Gevey SIM Ultra so that's why I cant do a regular upgrade.

Thanks

Just do a custom upgrade to 5.1.1? Preserve your baseband of course. Lower basebands are rare today.

maximedelo said:

Thanks

You cannot update baseband and keep your unlock at the same time.

As members have said above... it's not possible to update your BB to one of your choosing. Either way... it's highly unlikely that your BB is causing a significant battery drain. I'd say it's the fact that you're sitting at iOS 5.0. You definitely need to update to a higher iOS version. Many users are seeing significant improvements in battery life after updating to 5.1.1.