What's new

Upgrade problems

PaulDun

Reaction score
Hi and hello to all here, just joined the forum and basically I need help! ive had my iPhone 3gs since it was released and ive really loved it. I decided to upgrade to the new iPhone 5 and im stuck! my problem is I cant get all my apps, music, films to transfer to the new phone? some of my contacts are also missing. Ive connected to my laptop and sync'd it and ive registered the 5 with Apple. Im fairly thick with matters computer and technical stuff so any help will need to be "idiot proof" :)Thanks, Paul

Did you just sync the items over? Or did you do a backup of the 3GS and a restore from backup on the 5

all you need to do is a full computer backup and try and sync with your itunes library. if you dont have your songs there is software that will allow you to get songs to itunes library :) hope this helps. do u still have your 3GS??

Pls_m Tunde i really want to upgrade my iphone 3GS but the guy I gave it to said the phone is not factory. Unlock so he can't do the upgrade so am really piss off i need some help pls.thanks

Pls_m Tunde i really want to upgrade my iphone 3GS but the guy I gave it to said the phone is not factory. Unlock so he can't do the upgrade so am really piss off i need some help pls.thanks

If your 3GS is on iOS 5 then there's no need to upgrade to iOS 6. There aren't any major differences between the 2 that's worth upgrading.