What's new

Upgrade JB iPad 2 from 4.3.3 to iOS 6.1.2

sweepym

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a jailbroken iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3 which I want to upgrade to 6.1.2. I've checked cydia and the only SHSH blobs I have are 4.3.3 and 5.1.1 so can I do this without going to 6.1.3 or should I go to 6.1.3 and downgrade (if thats even possible without the blobs)?

Thanks

Unfortunately, it's not possible for your iPad to go to iOS 6.1.2... in any direction. Can't do it w/o blobs.

thanks for the reply, can I go to up to 5.1.1?

Yes... you can used redsn0w w/ the remote SHSH stitching option. That'll pull those 5.1.1 blobs from Cydia.

Yes... you can used redsn0w w/ the remote SHSH stitching option. That'll pull those 5.1.1 blobs from Cydia.

You can't selectively restore the iPad 2 since you don't have a LimeRa1n exploit. But, if you have iOS 4 blobs and iOS 5.1.1 blobs, you can upgrade to iOS 6.1.3, then downgrade back to 5.1.1. Or if you have both iOS 4 blobs and iOS 5.0.1 blobs, you can do the same. As long as you have 1 kind of iOS 4 blob and 1 kind of iOS 5 blob, you can upgrade and downgrade back to that iOS 5 that you have blobs for.

You can't selectively restore the iPad 2 since you don't have a LimeRa1n exploit. But, if you have iOS 4 blobs and iOS 5.1.1 blobs, you can upgrade to iOS 6.1.3, then downgrade back to 5.1.1. Or if you have both iOS 4 blobs and iOS 5.0.1 blobs, you can do the same. As long as you have 1 kind of iOS 4 blob and 1 kind of iOS 5 blob, you can upgrade and downgrade back to that iOS 5 that you have blobs for.

See Jon... this is why we pay you the big bucks. I always forget the iPad 2 has an A5 processor.