What's new

Trying to get to 6.1.2 from 4.3.3 and then jb

Omoeko

Reaction score
Hi

My end goal is to jb 6.1.2, however I'm still on 4.3.3, my iTunes is v10 and it's still shown 6.1.2 as latest for iPhone 4 GSM, when I try to update lime that, it's failing with. Network problem.

I tried using greenpoison, looks like I domt have shsh blobs for v6.1.2, I only see shsh blobs for my v4 and up to 5.1.1. I have been on I for the last 4 hours, can anyone please help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have been a little out of date as you can tell from still using 4.3.3 and I read so many confusing info on the net.

Please help

You cannot restore to anything but the iOS that you have blobs for or the latest iOS. There are no workarounds for this. If you still want to retain an untethered jailbreak, upgrade it to 5.1.1. Otherwise, there's a tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3 on the iPhone 4

I have now got 6.1.3 from apple, how can I downgrade to 6.1.2 or is it possible to Jb 6.1.3 now ?

Thanks

You cannot downgrade to 6.1.2 without blobs. No exceptions. There's a semi-tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3 for the iPhone 3GS/4 here.

Excuse my ignorance
How could I have got blobs for 6.2.1 when I'm on 6.3.1?
Or In case of next time, how could I have got blobs for 6.2.1. Now that I have 6.3.1, do I need to do something special ?

If I do a semi thethered option, can I generate blobs then ?
I have blobs for upto 5.1.1, but I never had IOS 5. This is the reason why I'm puzzled.

Excuse my ignorance
How could I have got blobs for 6.2.1 when I'm on 6.3.1?
Or In case of next time, how could I have got blobs for 6.2.1. Now that I have 6.3.1, do I need to do something special ?

If I do a semi thethered option, can I generate blobs then ?
I have blobs for upto 5.1.1, but I never had IOS 5. This is the reason why I'm puzzled.

You can only save blobs when the iOS is being signed. The reason you have iOS 5 despite not being on iOS 5 is because Cydia saved them for you. Saurik implemented a new way of saving blobs and APTickets when iOS 6 came out so you have to manually save them yourself building up Cydia or use the old school method of TinyUmbrella when the iOS is signings.

Regardless of whatever question you have, you CANNOT EVER have iOS 6.1.2 on your device or any iOS that you do NOT have blobs for

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk