What's new

Updating to iOS 5 issue

Jacknife

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wow I have been spending the past 6 hours trying to find a solution. I just hope I landed in the right place. Ok to make the story short, I am a total newbie when it comes to iPhone. I recently got the iPhone 4 as a gift from the states 2 days ago. I live in Dubai (United Arab Emirates). Now to have the phone work, I need to unlock it so I had to buy some chip called (Turbo Chip) basically to make my sim card compatible with iPhone. I did all that and everything started to work. I had the iOS 4.3.3 installed and never jailbroken before. I updated the iOS accidentally (Nobody told me that I shouldn't and I was not that educated about the whole thing) so I updated it and the phone was locked again. I get to the "Connect to iTunes" screen and nothing happens and in iTunes it says "Sim card is not supported".

So I take it to some store downtown and the guy was like I will try fixing it for you. He asked me to leave for like 30 mins and come back. And when I did, the phone was working in iOS 5 but the service was not working. I tried to reboot my phone and tried every possible way and nothing happened. Now I read on some website that you can downgrade it to the older version, when I did that, the iPhone was locked again showing me the same screen "Connect to iTunes" and "Sim Card not supported" message in iTunes.

It's been less than 48 hours and I am so frustrated. I honestly don't know what to do! The phone was working perfectly when I updated it, everything started to look like hell. Is there anyway I can have my phone working again? I don't care what iOS it is! I just need to have my phone working. Please advise!

George

it was a mistake buying the phone locked to try and unlock it you should of just got it factory unlocked