What's new

Updating from 6.0.1 to 6.1?

Chelsea123

Reaction score
Hi

Is it worth updating my 4s from 6.0.1 to 6.1 ?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Hi

Is it worth updating my 4s from 6.0.1 to 6.1 ?

Thanks in advance

Neil
The only thing that I see an advantage here is improved battery life. However, it's only been a few days since 6.1's release. Here's what 6.1 added....
  • Maps
  • Larger "Report a Problem" button in Maps
  • Editing place's pin in Maps allows one to switch map type between Hybrid and Standard
  • New music controls on lock screen when you double-press home button
  • Siri can now purchase movie tickets via Fandango (USA only)
  • LTE now works with several European, African, American and Asian carriers (supports 36 new iPhone carriers, 23 new iPad carriers)
  • Individual songs can once again be downloaded or deleted when using iTunes Match
  • New, persistent Passbook pass explaining service functionality
  • Wi-Fi Signal intensity improved
  • Battery life improved
  • Song's total time's position moved from right to under the title, can display longer song title.
  • Corrupted songs and videos can now be deleted
  • Fixes - Email does not work consistently with Exchange clients. (This was usually related to moving between Wi-Fi and cellular networks)

The only thing that I see an advantage here is improved battery life. However, it's only been a few days since 6.1's release. Here's what 6.1 added....
  • Maps

• Larger "Report a Problem" button in Maps
  • Editing place's pin in Maps allows one to switch map type between Hybrid and Standard

• New music controls on lock screen when you double-press home button
  • Siri can now purchase movie tickets via Fandango (USA only)
  • LTE now works with several European, African, American and Asian carriers (supports 36 new iPhone carriers, 23 new iPad carriers)
  • Individual songs can once again be downloaded or deleted when using iTunes Match
  • New, persistent Passbook pass explaining service functionality
  • Wi-Fi Signal intensity improved
  • Battery life improved
  • Song's total time's position moved from right to under the title, can display longer song title.
  • Corrupted songs and videos can now be deleted
  • Fixes - Email does not work consistently with Exchange clients. (This was usually related to moving between Wi-Fi and cellular networks)

Many thanks for your reply Thomas,still not sure about updating tho,as seems alot of stuff just for improved battery life

Neil

Many thanks for your reply Thomas,still not sure about updating tho,as seems alot of stuff just for improved battery life
Improved battery life is the main driving force for many updates. Either way, up to you on whether or not to update. :)

Improved battery life is the main driving force for many updates. Either way, up to you on whether or not to update. :)

Hi again,decided to go ahead with update.Too early to tell yet if it's improved my battery life tho

Neil