What's new

Updated to iOS 5.1

Shayla

Reaction score
I updated my iPhone 4s today to the new iOS which is 5.1 and now it says no sim card installed?
I tried turning it off, resetting and putting airplane mode and nothing, still says no sim card :(
I've never had problems with the sim card before until i updated my iPhone today.
Any one have any solutions??

I updated my iPhone 4s today to the new iOS which is 5.1 and now it says no sim card installed?
I tried turning it off, resetting and putting airplane mode and nothing, still says no sim card :(
I've never had problems with the sim card before until i updated my iPhone today.
Any one have any solutions??

Have ya tried taking out the sim....hard rebooting it (hold both home and power button til you see the Apple logo, then let go)

Then placing the sim card back in it?

Yep tried that and nothing :(

Shayla said:
Yep tried that and nothing :(

Perhaps restore it again. Make sure the SIM is in it when restoring. Idk what else you could try. I use a CDMA iPhone. I tried.lol.

Ok, lets see. U have an iPhone 4s factory unlocked or is gevey unlock? It is the first point , in second place we need to know how version of baseband do you have, for that , just go to settings, information, firmware version. On the other hand I really want to know in what company do you use,

zig9449 said:
Perhaps restore it again. Make sure the SIM is in it when restoring. Idk what else you could try. I use a CDMA iPhone. I tried.lol.

Thank you for your help, i just tried putting another sim card i had lying around and it worked so i guess its my sim card :/

Shayla said:
Thank you for your help, i just tried putting another sim card i had lying around and it worked so i guess its my sim card :/

Okay. Thats cool. I'm glad ya got your phone working.;)

Do a restore in iTunes and it will install the most current which is 5.1.1, during the restore.

Sent from my cellular device

Adyhooper said:
Hello everyone. I am currently using iPhone 4S since 1 year and it work properly but now I want to update iOS 5.1 on my iPhone 4S. I have no idea how to update iOS 5.1 so anyone can help? Thank you in Advance.

If you are not jailbroken,
Just go to:
Settings> General> Software Update.

You must be connected to wifi to download and install the update.

If you are jailbroken, you have to restore through iTunes.