What's new

Updated to IOS 5.1.1 on my Verizon iPhone 4... now says "No Service".

paigebolen

Reaction score
Can someone please help me? I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Yesterday, I woke up and decided that I was going to jail break my iPhone. I went to greenp0sion, and downloaded absinthe 2.0 to my computer. Then I read where I needed to update to IOS 5.1.1 on my phone. I'd been putting this off, because under the info tab it just said that it was going to be updates for the iPad. But I updated anyway, reset my phone like it said to do on greenp0sion, and followed through with the jail break.
Everything worked fine, until I went to make a phone call an hour later and realized that I had been running on my wifi, and that my phone didn't have "Verizon" next to the signal bars anymore. Once I tried to place the call, the bars disappeared and said "No Service". So here I am, more than 24 hours without a phone.
I've read online that it's just a bug from the apple software, and I've read that it was from the jail break. I'm not sure when this happened, but I'm almost certain it was after the iOS 5.1.1 update.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do? I read in another forum to reset my phone, use the emergency dial and dial, 112 and hang up. That brought the signal bars back, but still no luck having any actual "service" to place a call.

Just did this today restore through DFU mode, and your gonna need your account information. After that it will say activate on the iTunes on your computer and you enter your info and it will say blah blah blah can't activate continue to use AppStore stuff, and hit continue after that you will be able to use your phone, and restore from a back up ad you will be activated