What's new

Jail Breaking Verizon iPhone 4

camarogirl

Reaction score
Hello, firstly I apologize if this is a quick fix, but I've never attempted this. So I'm trying to jail break my phone using greenp0ison, i get everything to go through great until the jailbreak is done, then when its supposed to automatically reboot, then instead it goes to the iTunes icon with the usb cord, it is wanting me to plug into the pc, when I do my laptop says my iPhone has to be restored. I've searched tons of forums and videos and cannot find a fix for this :( HELP!!

It will help if you post the version of iOS that you are running. As far as I understand greenpoison only work on 2.4.6

Im definitely a newbie on the apple world, if your referring to the Version under the About category it say 4.2.10, but ive found many streams via youtube that say they suppose 4.2???

It's my understanding that there is no jailbreak on 4.2.10. You have to do it with 4.2.8

camarogirl said:
Im definitely a newbie on the apple world, if your referring to the Version under the About category it say 4.2.10, but ive found many streams via youtube that say they suppose 4.2???

Welcome to the forums camaro. Well to tell you the truth greenpoison doesn't work on 4.2.10. You need to use Redsnow but then again Redsnow only offers a tethered jailbreak. Which really isnt a god send. If you successfully jailbreak you're going to have to plug your phone into your pc everytime you reboot. And that's not worth jailbreaking

camarogirl said:
Hello, firstly I apologize if this is a quick fix, but I've never attempted this. So I'm trying to jail break my phone using greenp0ison, i get everything to go through great until the jailbreak is done, then when its supposed to automatically reboot, then instead it goes to the iTunes icon with the usb cord, it is wanting me to plug into the pc, when I do my laptop says my iPhone has to be restored. I've searched tons of forums and videos and cannot find a fix for this :( HELP!!

Your gonna have to do a factory restore on your device. Greenpoison wasn't made to work with your firmware (4.2.10). You can do a tethered jailbreak with redsnow, but you'll have to plug your phone in every time you boot it. IMO i would wait until iOS 5 comes out. Somebody will def make a untethered jailbreak for it :D.

Is anyone even working on a untethered jailbreak for 4.2.10? ios5 doesnt come out till oct right.

I don't think they will work on that, IMO there effort will go on iOS 5 right now. There is not much talking about 4.2.10 at all.

4.2.10 by itself is nothing additional but a patch that apple released to take care of a loophole in their OS. So if you need a jailbreak downgrade to 4.2.8 and jailbreak it. BTW downgrading from 4.2.10 is itself an issue, so just stay calm until iOS 5 comes out and there is jailbreak available. There is just an untethered jailbreak available at this moment for 4.2.10 and no developer is going to code to have a tethered jailbreak for 4.2.10 when iOS 5 is coming up soon.

thanks so much guys!! so basically what im gathering is with my update of 4.2.10, dont bother jailbreaking it-wait until the new iOS comes out?? it would figure that i finally want to jailbreak it when i really cant lol. so sad :(

thanks so much guys!! so basically what im gathering is with my update of 4.2.10, dont bother jailbreaking it-wait until the new iOS comes out?? it would figure that i finally want to jailbreak it when i really cant lol. so sad :(

Just because we say don't do it doesn't mean that you can't jailbreak. We're saying it's not worth jail breaking 4.2.10 because of the tether. iOS 5 is somewhere around the corner and neither of us can determine the exact day of it's release. If you really want to experience the jailbreak, I suggest doing it now because iOS 5 will most likely destroy the JB community.

i have some people telling me (via fb) that if i go to jailbreakme.com from my phone it will work..i just dont want to have to do a complete restore on my phone...again

i have some people telling me (via fb) that if i go to jailbreakme.com from my phone it will work..i just dont want to have to do a complete restore on my phone...again

That won't work. The whole design of 4.2.10 was to patch the PDF exploit that Comex (jailbreakme.com founder and hacker) was using. The Only way to jb it is Redsnow.

I wonder why the guy sold me the phone so cheap. I think he did the update and couldn't jailbreak anymore. He had to do the update if 4.2.10 just came out a few weeks ago. This sucks so many apps I want from cydia.

Hey guys,
I lost my phone but luckily it was insured. Except, the only thing that sucks is that I accidentally upgraded to 4.2.10 (I was running 4.2.6 on VZiPhone) when I was activating it. My question is I have saved SHSH blobs from my old VZiPhone that I can see when I turn on TU but I can't seem to use those for my new iPhone :/ Can I use those old SHSH blobs for my new phone or am I royally screwed? I was also trying to downgrade to 4.2.8 or even 4.2.6 but when I tried to do that from iTunes it says some error message about not meant for this build. Any help on how to either downgrade or use those SHSH blobs would be greatly appreciated.