What's new

Formated PC, Jail Broken Iphone, 5.0.1 Can not update to 5.1

huffman01

Reaction score
ok so I think the subject paints the picture. I have a i4s that is Jail Broken with the 5.0.1 software. My PC (Windows 7) crashed so know I am trying to find out how I can utilize Itunes again as when I plug into itunes and attempt to re - sync it is trying to make me update to the most current iphone apple software which I will then loose my Jail break.

Any ideas?

huffman01 said:
ok so I think the subject paints the picture. I have a i4s that is Jail Broken with the 5.0.1 software. My PC (Windows 7) crashed so know I am trying to find out how I can utilize Itunes again as when I plug into itunes and attempt to re - sync it is trying to make me update to the most current iphone apple software which I will then loose my Jail break.

Any ideas?

Just reinstall iTunes

Open it, and disable automatic syncing.

Edit> Preferences> Devices> and check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".

Click okay to save the changes.

Now plug in your phone.

In the left pain in iTunes, right click on your devices name and click "Transfer Purchases".

This will transfer all music and apps you bought from the AppStore.

Any music that is not bought from the AppStore will have to be transferred a different way.

I personally prefer iTools for this.

1) it's free
2) it actually transfer all selected songs instead of most if them like I-FunBox or iSpirit
3) it keeps all album info, lyrics, and artwork.

Just use iTools to transfer the music to a folder in your desktop.

Once done open the music folder, highlight all I the songs and drag and drop them into iTunes.

Now you can sync with iTunes without losing anything.

Thank you for the suggestion it appears to be working.

I have another question after getting everything synced up again I notices that when I add tv shows into iTunes they appear in the TV show tab however when I plug in the iPhone or iPad then select tv shows the new additions to not populate in the list to sync with the iPhone or iPad.

Any suggestions?