What's new

Updated Iphone 3GS to 5.1 now i have a MAJOR PROBLEM!!!

applebigfan2

Reaction score
Hello, I have a iphone 3gs that was running on 5.0.1 unthethered jailbreak with unlocked 6.15.00 baseband. It recently started giving me problems to a point where it just became stuck on the apple logo and wouldnt boot up. I tried everything to run a 5.0.1 custom firmware restore but nothing worked. I eventually updated the phone on Itunes to official 5.1 firmware. After doing that it still did not boot up and is sill stuck at the apple logo. After this i did a custom firmware restore using redsnow with 5.1 but it is still stuck at the apple logo. What can i do to fix this?

You cannot restore a factory firmware if you have the iPad baseband installed because iTunes will encounter a baseband panic. If you want to restore 5.1 you will have to create a custom 5.1 firmware and restore that.

I did this but it still doesnt work, its stuck at the apple logo.

I did use the boot tethered function but it still doesnt work.

Here is some additional info that should help:

I did a custom restore using snowbreeze with 4.1 firmware and chose the option to install cydia and install the 6.15.00 baseband again. After it restores i get the apple logo and slightly below the apple logo there is a spinning circle and i cannot get past this. Any suggestions guys?

Stc said:
Isn't there a program called tinyumbrella that forces iPhone to boot after u install a Ipsw?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Tiny Umbrella is for saving SHSH blobs and s a button to take your phone out of recovery mode after a restore.

You could be looking at an actual hardware fault do to a bit failure in the firmware region of memory. But the only way to confirm that is a full 5.1 restore including the default baseband. Which I am pretty sure you don't want to do.

How many times have you tried loading the firmware?