What's new

Update question

KotaKid287

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I've searched both here and using Google for 3 evenings straight and I'm more confused now then I was when I started searching. My issue is I just noticed I had an update to version 5.0.1, it's currently 4.2.8 if that makes any difference, I've been trying to update it and every time I try to do the update I keep getting a warning pop up saying "there are purchased items on the iPhone that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating." I don't have the slightest clue what that means, it won't tell me what that means or what those items are, and I'm not sure what to do now. From the searching that I've done I'm convinced this is either a problem too dumb for people to ask questions about lol, or something more complicated then I thought. If the first one is true, please feel free to call me an idiot, but please help at the same time.

They would be apps or music that you have downloaded from iTunes straight to your phone and since you last connected your phone to iTunes on your computer.

I'll start by saying I've searched both here and using Google for 3 evenings straight and I'm more confused now then I was when I started searching. My issue is I just noticed I had an update to version 5.0.1, it's currently 4.2.8 if that makes any difference, I've been trying to update it and every time I try to do the update I keep getting a warning pop up saying "there are purchased items on the iPhone that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating." I don't have the slightest clue what that means, it won't tell me what that means or what those items are, and I'm not sure what to do now. From the searching that I've done I'm convinced this is either a problem too dumb for people to ask questions about lol, or something more complicated then I thought. If the first one is true, please feel free to call me an idiot, but please help at the same time.

Have you purchased apple products, and songs from iTunes or the apple store? This is what it means. In the update click yes to transfer then update. It'll transfer all your purchased apps/songs to the updated iTunes is all.

iHolophyte

KotaKid287 said:

Connect ur phone to iTunes, select ur phone then right click. Among the options showed u will see transfer purchased click it and it's done. U can now start ur update.

alwaysonfb said:
Connect ur phone to iTunes, select ur phone then right click. Among the options showed u will see transfer purchased click it and it's done. U can now start ur update.

Thanks! Got it done last night, finally had a chance to get the computer for a while. It was the few songs I've got on it that it was talking about, I got them from iTunes, but did it off the phone so I guess it never registered or something. Anyway thanks guys.

KotaKid287 said:
Thanks! Got it done last night, finally had a chance to get the computer for a while. It was the few songs I've got on it that it was talking about, I got them from iTunes, but did it off the phone so I guess it never registered or something. Anyway thanks guys.

How could you not find information on that issue? Thats like "iTunes guide 101" :) you have to get everything from your iphone over to the PC :)

Plus you also should do right click and BACKUP iphone for the data.