What's new

Syncing Iphone 4 after New OS Install

Pier777

Reaction score
Hello all,

New member here so please be kind :).

I know this question is done to death, but I am getting frustrated trying to search for an answer that will put me at ease.

I've just installed Windows 7 and stupidly did NOT save the itunes library that was stored in my "Users" folder on my old OS. That, of course, is now long gone.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to sync my iphone (ver 4) with a new install of itunes without deleting everything on the phone. I've checked the option on itunes so that it won't sync automatically.

I have copies of all non-Istore music in another folder so I could always rebuild my library music-wise if necessary.

What I'm more worried about is my app data. I have a lot of important data stored (e.g. passwords, financial information, etc). I did backup the password app with a 3rd party program, but I would like to avoid having to get that info that way if I could help it.

This is what I've done so far:

1) Create backup of Iphone
2) Transferred purchased items to itunes

I was thinking that if all my apps are on itunes (they were all purchased), then when I sync them, then my data on the phone would be safe. It that a correct assumption?

Is there a better way of solving my problem?

Thank you in advance for all your help,

Pier :)

well what you can do is just use the update button instead and it wont touch any of your files.. unless you need to restore? but you backed up in itunes so even if you restore you can just restore to a backup since you already backed it up. does not matter that you lost your other backup.. so long as you have all the files on the iphone some where on the pc and loaded in the itunes library