What's new

Update available this month. iPhone 4s a fun and freedom feel choice?

Norstadt

Reaction score
Like the title suggests, I have an upgrade available this month.. im eager for a smartphone. I currently have a Samsung Reality [complete joke of a phone], had it for two years.

iPhone looks so solid and really reliable, but it seems like it's very strict on what you can do with it, and has no flash capabilities.. which is a let down. Plus that screen.. it's so tiny compared to the Droid Maxx and Nexus[do not want the Nexus].. iPhone also seems like it's just apps and apps and apps.. no freedom away from that on the screen. But idk if thats a bad thing.

Which is why im here, ive been on the android forums.. and of course they are bumming their devices completely.. but it also seems like those devices are the "rebellious" phones that arent fully complete and seem kind of sketchy.

I'm debating with iPhone 4S or the Droid Razr Maxx.. [maxx comment time.] the Maxx has a huge screen, solid battery, and feels like there is a lot of freedom with it.. i heard you are able to customize it and can even put GBA[game boy advance] games on it, and really a lot of console/handheld type games.. which seems pretty interesting. Can use flash on browsers and seems to have a beautiful screen which you can even use in sunlight.

I don't want to flood my first post here with constant talking.. but I would love to hear from some of you.. I really want to love the iPhone and hopefully you can do that for me. You don't need to convince me, but I'd like to hear the good that might nudge me in the Apple direction. Get a discussion going hopefully.

I've never had an Android phone but my husband has and honestly, he hated it and got rid of it for an iPhone. I love the stability of the iPhone and although it has it's restrictions, the features that it does have are brilliantly done. My 4S is jailbroken and even then, it is still a very stable phone and has never missed a beat. I am on my 4th iPhone (3G all the way through to 4S) and will for ever be an iPhone owner. Although I cant say that I have the experience with Android phones, I would still recommend and iPhone over any other phone. :)

Flash is no longer mobile supported anyways, go with a iPhone now or wait for the five to come out. The fragmentation and short battery life of any Android phone is horrible to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

If the iPhone 5 were to be coming out in April or May, I would wait for it. But I'm sure it will be released in late 2012.

I came from a Droid Incredible and LOVED that phone. Only reason why I switched to iPhone was because my Inc took an unexpected bath in some water. Both Android and iPhones are great devices.

Thanks. Just want a device that I can do much with.. and last 2 years.

I like iPhone for long terms I use to have droid and seems like there's always a newer model the next month and I hated felling behind lol. Other then that I love it after jailbreak it's ok before it but awesome afterwards. I haven't used any of the newer droids but my dad got bored of his razr said its to plain for a android.

I currently have the iphone4s I have also owned the Motorolla droid 1,2 and droidX.
My favorite one by far is my iphone. With all of my android phones there were lock-up and major lag seemed like i was at Verizon with some issue or another at least once a week. I have had my iphone for over a year and have only had to bring it in once( and that was user error not phone error)My iphone is still as fast as the day i bought it, no unexpected freezes or lagging of any kind..I love my iphone and will be sticking with apple from now on.

It all boils down to what you prefer. I would take some time and play around with both phones and see which one you like better. One man's junk is another man's treasure! Good luck with whichever phone you decide on!

I just upgraded both my wife's & my phone to the iPhone 4s. She previously had the Samsung Droid Charge and I came from the Motorola Droid Razr.
Both were starting to show signs of a little slow down due to fragmentation and such. Ive had the iPad2 for over a year and while using it daily it shows no signs of slow down and this was a factor in deciding to upgrade to the iPhones.

iOS is so much more stable it isn't even funny.

You choice but most here are going to tell you to go with Apple.

Cya

U had android sents they first came out I just got a iPhone 4 iPhones way bettet

It's official, I'm going for the iPhone. Might be really vulnerable on the exterior.. with all that glass surrounding the device.. but hopefully I can protect it.