What's new

I feel like crying right now. : (

Jer

Reaction score
After years of being a Android fan boy, a co-worker gave me her broken iphone 4, I had it replaced on warranty (unknown to her), bought myself a Gevey Pro, and began using my Iphone (ABSOLUTELY F-ING LOVE IT!!!), last night I decided to try and update it to IOS5 using snowbreeze (red snow) preserving the 4.10.1 BB, the update seemed to go smoothly and after the phone reset, I went through the set-up process until it came to the registration screen, it gives me an invalid sim error (fair enough), I put my friends valid sim in and it still wont work, also tried another coworkers sim to no avail. It gets the same error on itunes. : (

What should I do??? What happened??? Why did it do this??? It appears the phone is bricked... Is there anyway to return to 4.3.5? Or at least reset it or just load the factory ios5 on there so I can trade it for a 4.3.5 ios iphone (coworker will trade me).

I really do feel like crying, I feel like beating myself over the head with something. I should I have just left it alone and enjoyed the phone until Gevey released something for the ios5.

Any help would be extremely appreciated, if you can help me return my phone to its original state,
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
. (thats how much I love this phone) Im stuck using a samsung gravity....*barf*

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't. When I plug the phone in and launch itunes, it comes up with an error about the sim card and won't let me get any further. :(

Did you hold down the power button for 3 seconds and then hold both power a d home for 15 than release power and keep holding home for 10 more phone should go into dfu mode than do a restore it on iTunes ;)

No. I didn't know I could do that. Ill try it as soon as I get home. Will thag bring it to the previous version of 4.3.5 or will it update automatically to 5? Any tips to make it try to go to the previous version?

Jer said:
No. I didn't know I could do that. Ill try it as soon as I get home. Will thag bring it to the previous version of 4.3.5 or will it update automatically to 5? Any tips to make it try to go to the previous version?

You're going to be upgraded to ios 5. With no shsh you won't be able to downgrade. I don't even think apple is signing 4.3.5

iCrank said:
You're going to be upgraded to ios 5. With no shsh you won't be able to downgrade. I don't even think apple is signing 4.3.5

Your right, Apple quit signing 4.3.5 a couple of weeks ago. 8)!

iCrank said:

That is such a bummer. Ugh!

codysanborn said:
Did you hold down the power button for 3 seconds and then hold both power a d home for 15 than release power and keep holding home for 10 more phone should go into dfu mode than do a restore it on iTunes ;)

Bingo! Goodluck with that. Just upgrade it fully to the iOS 5, baseband and all. Then trade with your coworker like you said.

It is currently restoring to ios5, a mega bummer that i couldnt get it back, but I am gonna be able to trade now.

Tell me if this seems like a reasonable trade: My 16g 4g, for his 32g 3gs running 5.0 that is untethered/unlocked w/5.13.04...I know its older, but its the best I can do for now. I paid nothing for the 4g...so its not like im out cash...

Jer said:
It is currently restoring to ios5, a mega bummer that i couldnt get it back, but I am gonna be able to trade now.

Tell me if this seems like a reasonable trade: My 16g 4g, for his 32g 3gs running 5.0 that is untethered/unlocked w/5.13.04...I know its older, but its the best I can do for now. I paid nothing for the 4g...so its not like im out cash...

Well for what you paid, you can't go wrong with that trade. Hahaha. Plus you'll guarantee yourself a working iPhone and not end up with an expensive iPod touch.

It's an upgrade in memory but you will definitely see a difference im certain things. I love the camera of the iPhone 4 along and it's camera. Plus it feels a lot more firm in the hands instead of the plastic backpiece of the 3GS. You'll see what I mean if you end up trading.

But like I said, in the end you'll have a fully functional iPhone that you really didn't pay anything for. Hahaha. So just take it as it is. Just don't always feel like you need to upgrade your phone to the latest firmware. A lot of people always regrets it in the end.

Goodluck again. Sorry long reply. I love talking about iPhones. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I meant I love the camera of the iPhone 4 and it's resolution screen. Those are the main upgrades I love of the iPhone 4. Since I use y phone as a street camera and for my medical applications. So viewing them on the iPhone 4 is great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net