What's new

Unwanted sounds on iPhone 6S

rosawoodsii

Reaction score
When I send a message, there's whooshing sound, and when it's plugged in, if I move it at all, it give me a short tone. I've turned off just a out every sound I can find, but these won't go away. The only sounds I want, and haven't turned off, are ringtone and message notification.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

It‘s not possible to turn off these sounds.
There‘s a workaround for one of them, though:
If you don‘t need text message notifications, set the text tone to None, or to just vibrate. That should also silence the „whoosh“ sound.

The short notification when it‘s plugged in can‘t be removed.

Well, that's a bummer. I wonder why Apple thinks we need all those miscellaneous and annoying sounds. Unfortunately, I do need the text notification. Just another difference between my old Android and the iPhone.

Well, that's a bummer. I wonder why Apple thinks we need all those miscellaneous and annoying sounds. Unfortunately, I do need the text notification. Just another difference between my old Android and the iPhone.

After doing as J. A. suggested, you can go to your contacts. There you can set a text tone for each contact. That way you still get an alert when you receive a text.

After doing as J. A. suggested, you can go to your contacts. There you can set a text tone for each contact. That way you still get an alert when you receive a text.
So even if I turn off text tones, I'll still be notified for those that I specifically set?