What's new

Unopened iPhone 4, Can I...?

iconquer

Reaction score
I have a new unopened iPhone 4. I'm afraid to open it because I'm not sure what firmware it's on. Would hate to pay the restocking fee if it's on the 4.0.2 version.

Is there a way to know what firmware it is based on the week manufactured? From the serial mine was manufactured on the 35th week.

Just ask around all forums. Try to pinpoint what week they were changed over by asking people when they bought and what version they have. Or u can ask an apple employee. I bet at least one of the 75ppl in the store you call will know

So I know this is a total
Noob question , but can can only the 4.01 be jailbroken and not the 4.02? Thus making 4.01 more desirable?

do you need it for unlock? its jailbreak so there will be another jb its not the end of the world if its on 4.0.2 ;)

have you people learned NOTHING about jailbreak yet?;p after 4 years?!?!?!

your worse then i was when i used to jailbreak

do you need it for unlock? its jailbreak so there will be another jb its not the end of the world if its on 4.0.2 ;)

have you people learned NOTHING about jailbreak yet?;p after 4 years?!?!?!

your worse then i was when i used to jailbreak

LOL! Same here...

Can we not make a sticky for this section Called Jalilbreak FAQ?? with all the standard questions answered in it?

If a Mod OK's it PM me and ill happily spend some time putting it together....

I have a new unopened iPhone 4. I'm afraid to open it because I'm not sure what firmware it's on. Would hate to pay the restocking fee if it's on the 4.0.2 version.

Is there a way to know what firmware it is based on the week manufactured? From the serial mine was manufactured on the 35th week.

Hi

Just got a new Iphone 4 week 35, still sealed in the box so can't check it, can I ask what version of the Firmware yours had? Was it 4.0.1 or 4.0.2

Or anyone else with a week 35 what fw came with it.

Thanks

Hi

Just got a new Iphone 4 week 35, still sealed in the box so can't check it, can I ask what version of the Firmware yours had? Was it 4.0.1 or 4.0.2

Thanks

why not just open it? or do you want to take it back if its on 4.0.2 or 4.1?

Hi

Thanks

why not just open it? or do you want to take it back if its on 4.0.2 or 4.1?

Yes correct, send it back but only have till friday or sell it as new sealed, already got a message from O2 in Ireland to say that Apple have the Iphone is ready for unlock once connected to Itunes.

its 4.0.2. its ok if you want to open they will take it back if its opened!!! as lon its sent back with in its time period!!

well if he sends it back with 4.0.2 they are not exactly gonna say here is one with 4.0.1 lol