What's new

unlocking iphone 4 with 1.59.00

turkish6

Reaction score
Hey everyone

So I have an iphone 4 with 4.0.1 firstmware and baseband 1.59.00 not unlocked or jailbroken

I was wanted to upgrade to iOS5 and unlock but i don't have a mac so I found a local cell phone store that does this. They have a mac and I figured they could do it. Well turns our the kid was an idiot and couldn;t go it. He tried for about 3 hours and now my phone is stuck on the apple logo. I hope he didn;t lose my baseband. Right now I don;t care about upgrading but i would like to atleast jailbreak and if possible unlock with preserving my baseband. any suggestions? I don;t have sshs saved or anything.

Jmills87

Reaction score
Thread moved to correct forum

Shoulda just done it yourself, you can do it on Mac or Windows. On Windows just create a custom iOS5 firmware using sn0wbreeze 2.8b8 and then shift+restore the custom firmware in Pwned-DFU mode.

OP
T

turkish6

Reaction score
So i was able to upgrade and jailbreak using sn0wbreeze. And it saved my 1.59 baseband. now how to do i unlock?

Jmills87

Reaction score
You only need one or the other, Gevey is a hardware unlock and Ultrasn0w is a software unlock. Since you have an unlockable baseband you can use ultrasn0w, there is no need for Gevey.

OP
T

turkish6

Reaction score
Thank you. İ am up and running. Anyway to fix push notification and picture messages.