What's new

Unlocking iPhone 4 (4.0.2)

I was under the impression though that once yo updated to 4.1 it changed the base band for good.

Can anyone confirm?

yes it does, thats why i told you if your going to update you can use a method to stop it updating your baseband

yes it does, thats why i told you if your going to update you can use a method to stop it updating your baseband

I haven't updated it to 4.1. I didn't even want to mess with it.

Currently I am still on 4.0.2 with limera1n, Cydia and ultrasn0w 1.1-1 installed on it while still showing base band 01.59.

However, earlier in this thread someone mentioned that the phone won't be usable unlocked unless it's on iOS 4.1. Is this correct? Or with my current setup is it unlocked and usable? (I don't have a microSIM to test it yet.)

I haven't updated it to 4.1. I didn't even want to mess with it.

Currently I am still on 4.0.2 with limera1n, Cydia and ultrasn0w 1.1-1 installed on it while still showing base band 01.59.

However, earlier in this thread someone mentioned that the phone won't be usable unlocked unless it's on iOS 4.1. Is this correct? Or with my current setup is it unlocked and usable? (I don't have a microSIM to test it yet.)

i really dont know to be honest as i dont rely on unlock, but the baseband is unlockable so you can upgrade, and 4.1 is better any way. so you can use tutorials to upgrade while keeping the same baseband, but 4.2 is just around the corner and there will be an unlock for the new baseband. but 4.2 is in november

Do you have a reliable link for updating the iOS to 4.1 while retaining th 01.59 baseband?