What's new

Unlocking an Iphone 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextaras

Reaction score
Hey I just bought an iPhone 4S with a carrier of Verizon. I have AT&T. I took it to Verizon to check it but it was reported stolen a couple days before I bought it. I called the guy I bought it from and he wouldn't answer or call back. So I called AT&T to see if they could unlock it for me but they said to go to Verizon. I go to Verizon they say to go to apple. I go to apple and they say to go to AT&T. And I just kept going like that. I was wondering where I can unlock a Verizon iPhone to AT&T if it has bad esn?

Once a smartphone's IMEI/ESN has been blacklisted, it never comes off the list, and you won't be able to unlock it through any legal methods. Plus, if a phone is blacklisted, it's blacklisted on all major carriers and their "affiliations" or branches anyways, so even if you unlock it, you'll be limited to about 4 carriers in North America.

Once a smartphone's IMEI/ESN has been blacklisted, it never comes off the list, and you won't be able to unlock it through any legal methods. Plus, if a phone is blacklisted, it's blacklisted on all major carriers and their "affiliations" or branches anyways, so even if you unlock it, you'll be limited to about 4 carriers in North America.

All I want to do is unlock it so I can use it with AT&T. Because what I do is buy phones and then sell them. (Trying to make some money). But I can't make money off of the 4s because it's been stolen. So I want to hook it up to my account and use it for me and sell the 4 that I currently have. But is there a way I can do it myself or something? Like online?

All I want to do is unlock it so I can use it with AT&T. Because what I do is buy phones and then sell them. (Trying to make some money). But I can't make money off of the 4s because it's been stolen. So I want to hook it up to my account and use it for me and sell the 4 that I currently have. But is there a way I can do it myself or something? Like online?

Since your phone has been reported as stolen, any methods used to unlock it would not be legal, as willerz2 already stated. Although you did not steal the phone, it's legally not your property and you won't be receiving advice or instructions on how to unlock it here.

Since your phone has been reported as stolen, any methods used to unlock it would not be legal, as willerz2 already stated. Although you did not steal the phone, it's legally not your property and you won't be receiving advice or instructions on how to unlock it here.

Makes sense. Thank you.

The iPhone forums will not assist in any way to help anyone unlock an iPhone that has been reported as stolen by the original owner, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.