What's new

iphone 4s SimFree/unlocked question

timgold

Reaction score
im thinking of buying a simfree/unlocked iphone 4s. now i've heard that a simfree version is being released on November in AppleStores in the US?
can anyone verify that this is correct? and does anyone know if those simfree iphones 4s can be bought without a Verizon/AT&T/w/e account?
anyone has a more accurate date of the simfree iphones 4s release?

thanks in advance!

That's the whole point of the factory unlocked device, you buy it not locked to any network so you chose what provider(s) you want to use.

im am aware of that. what i ment was,will we be able to buy it without having ANY account with any of the US cellular networks. or a US id for the matter, as i'll be vising from abroad?

them being simfree is not questioned

Yest is correct, you won't need any us carrier info or anything to activate it just a micro sim that supports it from your home country

great thats good to hear, thank you.

is there any information on when exactly those simfree iphone 4s's will be sold in applestores in US?

Btw, it is called Factory Unlocked as Unleashed said.
Factory unlocked is expensiver than Locked.
So it would be cheaper unlocking a provider locked to unlocked.

SimFree is the same as Factory Unlocked or for short (Unlocked). from apples website, the Unlocked Version is coming November though there isnt an exact date.

Its cheap if you have a good contract with the cellular company, even though in most countries, cant say for the US as i dont live there, but if you buy a phone from a cellular provider you pay monthly for some Minutes/SMS/3g data etc and this payment includes a monthly payment for the phone you bought even though it doesnt say so. so in the short run, yes you pay less. in the long run, you pay almost twice what the phone originally worth because if you just sign in to a program with the provider, the same program without the phone will cost you less.

add the comfort of an unlocked phone, not being tied to one specific provider and in most cases you are happier.