What's new

Unlocked phone and cydia tweaks?

alrightimcool

Reaction score
So i took my verizon iphone 4s to get unlocked and halfway through the unlock i was told i needed to restore my device. However i already had a jailbreak with tweaks installed so when i asked if i could backup my tweaks he told me i shouldnt install tweaks because i could screw up the unlock. So my question is is this true? Could some cydia tweaks undo my unlock if it was done with the gpp sim?

If you're unlocking via carrier, the only way to undo the unlock is to blacklist your IMEI, tweaks cannot do it, only carriers.

If you're unlocking via an interposer like GPP, Gevey, R-SIM, etc, if you're walled with the activation screen (not iCloud), you can use the activation SIM to reactivate.

So i dont't have anything to worry about, right? No tweak would be interfere with the unlock in any way

So i dont't have anything to worry about, right? No tweak would be interfere with the unlock in any way

The only things that can potentially give you a hard time would be TetherMe and possibly PDAnet, but that's if you overtinker with their settings.

Alright cool, thanks for your help. I appreciate knowing for sure i can reinstall my tweaks without a problem