What's new

Unlock Verizon to work on AT&T? Swap Model A1332 or A1387

kpierce

Reaction score
Hello
I currently have an AT&T 8G iPhone 4, model number A1332, and an extra Verizon 16G 4S iPhone model number A1387. I would like to be able to utilize the 16G 4S for the additional storage capacity.

1. Can I unlock this Verizon iPhone model A1387 and run it on the AT&T network. (replacing my A1332 iPhone?)
2. If so, what is the easiest way to do this? I have looked at YouTube and Google, there are literally thousands of ways. I am looking for the easiest (and cheapest way).
3. If we are able to unlock will my current SIM card work, or will I have to get a new one?

I included the model numbers because I don't know if these are GSM, CDMA, etc.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
kp

Sorry that's a no go. Verizon uses an older technology called CDMA, while AT&T uses GSM. AT&T iPhone rock sim cards while Verizon's do not. (unless it's a 4S but that's because it's a world phone)

The verizon phone is a 4S. Does that make a difference?

kpierce said:
The verizon phone is a 4S. Does that make a difference?

Nope.

All iphone 4s' have gsm AND cdma capabilities, in fact their the same phone, however the gsm phones block the cdma aspects (hence why apple factory unlocked iphones cant be used on sprint or verizon) and the cdma versions are tailored to cdma use and block u.s. based gsm companies but work internationally. Their tied to sprint or verizon from the factory and cant be changed.

Hello,
Thank you you very much for the support.
Can you give me the next level of information I would need to do, in order to get this iphone from Verizion 4S 16G to replace my current AT&T 4 8G iphone.

thanks

Hello,Thank you you very much for the support.Can you give me the next level of information I would need to do, in order to get this iphone from Verizion 4S 16G to replace my current AT&T 4 8G iphone.
Your best bet is going to be.... sell both the iPhone's you have now... then purchase a new iPhone w/ the $$ from selling the others.