What's new

Unlock iPhone 4 Without Jailbreaking !!

O.K

so i gave t-mobile a ring and they said the following .....

to unlock my phone i will first need to have a active t-mobile sim with them 2nd i will need to be active with them for 3 months to recieve a subsidy PIN to unlock which will take around 28 days to recieve over post & 3rd thing will be charged £15 for the subsidy PIN !!

damn thats harsh ...lol .....are all pay as you go network providers like this !!

Last edited:
O.K

so i gave t-mobile a ring and they said the following .....

to unlock my phone i will first need to have a active t-mobile sim with them 2nd i will need to be active with them for 3 months to recieve a subsidy PIN to unlock which will take around 28 days to recieve over post !!

damn thats harsh ...lol .....are all pay as you go network providers like this !!

wow 3 months is a long time.. but frack it just get a sim and activate it.. no one said you had to top up for those three months just top up once and wait... it beats relying on unlock tools...

and o2 on contract its 24 hours but paygo i am not sure..

just for now use the t-mobile until they unlock it for you... top it up once and thats it you never have to top it up again..

unless you want to waste time and effort buying a gevey sim or waiting for unlocks and relying on ultrasn0w and needing to preserve baseband all the time.. the three months will pass quickly

yeh i will have to do that !!

O2 unlock there phones within 14 days but must have mininmum of £10 top up ...or u will be charged £15 if u dont have no allowance on phone to unlock !!

'' NO QUESTIONS ASKED '' best network on pay as you go is 02

i use o2 also but i just got the iphone factory unlocked to save time.. but i spent £600 on it lol

Hi,

I, too, am interested in knowing how to be able to use my IPhone 4 with another carrier without making any changes to my IPhone 4.
The problem is that I cannot use my IPPhone when I am i Europe. Last time it cost me extra $450 for just short use of the phone. Needless to say I cannot afford that so I want to unlock from Fido and use a SIM card from a carrier that is overseas while I am away.
Now - when I come back I want to be able to use Fido as my regular carrier again.

Any suggestions to what can be done without creating lots of problems with the phone/carrier? I just want to be able to remove one SIM card for a week and then insert other SIM card when I come back.

Thanks

Cathrine :)

Hi,

I, too, am interested in knowing how to be able to use my IPhone 4 with another carrier without making any changes to my IPhone 4.
The problem is that I cannot use my IPPhone when I am i Europe. Last time it cost me extra $450 for just short use of the phone. Needless to say I cannot afford that so I want to unlock from Fido and use a SIM card from a carrier that is overseas while I am away.
Now - when I come back I want to be able to use Fido as my regular carrier again.

Any suggestions to what can be done without creating lots of problems with the phone/carrier? I just want to be able to remove one SIM card for a week and then insert other SIM card when I come back.

Thanks

with all that money you gave you could of just bought a factory unlocked one...

if your on baseband 01.59 you can unlock it using an application called ultrasn0w.. now to know what baseband your on tap on settings > general > about and look what it says next to modem firmware. if you use it on the wrong baseband it wont work

sorry cath ....am from U.K so dont know how your city networks work.

best thing i say contact your network provider and tell them that you wanna unlock the phone to all / any networks .....! and see what they say !!

Hi,

Thanks

if your on baseband 01.59 you can unlock it using an application called ultrasn0w.. now to know what baseband your on tap on settings > general > about and look what it says next to modem firmware. if you use it on the wrong baseband it wont work

I don't know where i could find an unlocked Iphone 4 for the price of $450
Haven't seen any such offer. Anyway - in response to previous answer to my question my modem is 04.10.01

Hi,

Thanks

I don't know where i could find an unlocked Iphone 4 for the price of $450
Haven't seen any such offer. Anyway - in response to previous answer to my question my modem is 04.10.01

you said an extra $450.. so that and what you paid for the iphone in the first place then the extra $450 trying to get it unlocked...

in canada i think its around 700 dollars for the 16 GB factory unlocked phone, well just under and another 100 for the 32..

and that baseband you cant unlock it atm so your only real options are..

1. buy a gevey sim http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...-gevey-sim-ios-4-1-4-3-3-all-basebands-12736/

2. is it on the network its locked to.

3. buy it factory unlocked, but you already seemed to have given out so much money to try unlock your phone it seems a shame