What's new

Unlock iPhone 4 Without Jailbreaking !!

Mr.Evo

Reaction score
hi

can any 1 tell me how i can Unlock iPhone 4 Without Jailbreaking ...to all networks ......please !!

thanks

you cant software wise...

you can if you use gevey sim but that thing is very un reliable... and i would recommend to stay away from it and not purchase one..

with out jailbreak there is no way to install ultrasn0w if you are on the right baseband, so that would be your only option if you refuse to jailbreak.. and there is no garante it will work on the next firmware or even properly on this one..

or just buy a factory unlocked device or if possible use it to the network its locked to so you dont have to rely on unlock

The shops jailbreak your phone to install ultrasnow. They do exactly the same thing everyone else does, except also charge you for the privilege...

exactly... charge you to do something thats free and they will jailbreak it any way as Gaz pointed out.. why dont you want to jailbreak so badly? it does no harm to your iphone

but is it possible to unlock it than do a factory restart ....so it aint jailbreak anymore !!

no because once you restore it or "factory restart" as you called it you would lose your unlock as well as the jailbreak and upgrade the baseband to one that cant be unlocked so not only would you lose your unlock and jailbreak but you wont be able to unlock the iphone anytime soon because you would of upgraded the baseband.. i assume your on 01.59 baseband right?

tap settings> general > about and tell me what it says next to modem firmware :)

no my iphone 4 is on its way ...but its on t-mobile and my old number is on 02 and i wanna stay on 02 ...

is there anyway i can get on O2 ...without jailbraking !!

my advise to you if you so badly dont want to jailbreak it then just use a t-mobile sim.. and they might even be able to unlock the iphone for you to use any network so you will be officially unlocked and then just use the o2 sim.. i think you can pay them to unlock it or they do it free for customers some of them..

what puts you off jailbreaking so badly?

hated it from day 1 .....

i prefer original .....

what do u mean by '' you can pay them to unlock it or they do it free for customers some of them ''

who ?

p.s its not a contract phone its a pay as you go phone !! if that helps

Last edited:
fair enough.. well i mean the carrier itself might unlock it for you .. just buy a t-mobile sim (can be pay as you go) then go say to them please unlock it for me and see what they say

hmmm O.K will try that !!

gonna phone T-Mobile customer service and tell them that i will need my iphone 4 to be unlocked to all networks as am going on hoilday !!

that sound good ....

a lot of carriers will make you wait X amount of time before unlocking it and you will need to have an activated sim with them pay as you go or contract..

i know o2 make you wait 24 hours, not sure about t-mobile

hmmm ok

looks like i would have to do that .......

will still give t-mobile a ring and tell that i dont have a t-mobile sim but the phone is on t-mobile is it possible i can unlock it to all networks and see what they say ....

if they say i will need sim than will get sim are go from there ....lol

thanks

Last edited: