What's new

"Unknown error"???

Agunat

Reaction score
My wife has an iPhone 5c and we just downloaded and installed iTunes strictly so she could backup the iPhone. On plugging the phone into the computer we get the following error message: "The iPhone "Suzanne's Phone" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)." Any idea what we can do about this? My wife is technically challenged and we want her to get into the habit of just plugging the phone into her computer at bedtime confident it will be both charged and backed up when she gets it in the morning. A manual backup appears to have been completed okay if that makes a difference..

Help please... Bob

My wife has an iPhone 5c and we just downloaded and installed iTunes strictly so she could backup the iPhone. On plugging the phone into the computer we get the following error message: "The iPhone "Suzanne's Phone" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)." Any idea what we can do about this? My wife is technically challenged and we want her to get into the habit of just plugging the phone into her computer at bedtime confident it will be both charged and backed up when she gets it in the morning. A manual backup appears to have been completed okay if that makes a difference..

Help please... Bob
Some people have reported success after receiving this error by restarting the computer. Try that and let us know if it works.