What's new

Unjailbreak without itunes

Megeko81

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4g teathered redsnow with cydia ... I recently jailbroke my iPhone and the following day my laptop crashed along with iTunes !!
Obviously unable to reboot without iTunes my phone is now in an in between stage ... Unable to update through iTunes and now unable to reboot ... Any advice without restoring ???

Hopefully u didn't click the erase all content but in the settings...your only option is maybe go to friends house boot tethered

You need to restore mate.

Either restore on another computer, or download redsn0w on another computer to boot tethered with.

Why you are on a tethered jailbreak is beyond me.

The 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak is ridiculously stable as long as you restore, setup as new NOT from backup, jailbreak with Absinthe, then sync music and stuff.

Do NOT restore from a backup. And don't use "Erase All Content and Settings" before jailbreaking.

Why are you on a tethered jailbreak anyway?

InkedAdrenaline said:
Hopefully u didn't click the erase all content but in the settings...your only option is maybe go to friends house boot tethered

Oh and would that change or compromise their iTunes in any way ?

I jailbroke the phone right before the iTunes update was released so as to my knowledge only 4GS would allow... I have a 4g

there is no iPhone 4GS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapalol

h2olover1 said:
there is no iPhone 4GS...

Yes there is.

Except it's just called the iPhone 4S. As opposed to the iPhone 4(G).

That is what he meant.

Last edited:
Ik. no need to correct me.lol. i was correcting him. i know there is a 4s

h2olover1 said:
Ik. no need to correct me.lol. i was correcting him. i know there is a 4s

I thought so.lol.