What's new

Will Jailbreak void my iPhone4 warranty?

zaitmi

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am from India recently bought new Factory unlocked iPhone 4(16gb) with 4.3.2 installed. I want to jailbreak my iPhone but the apple shop salesman has told me not to do it as it will void the warranty, but I told him that I can restore it factory settings through iTunes, he told me that a script is saved in the iPhone that can be traced at the service centre if something goes wrong on my iPhone and my warranty will be void. Is this true?

Last time I jailbroke my iPhone 3G(3.2.1) twice with redsnow, both the times it started giving me network related problems like I was unable receive calls while surfing or downloading apps also I was getting silent calls without any sound. After restoring it back it started working fine. What about ios4.3.2, is it better and more stable than 3.2.1?

Is redsnow the best, safe and reliable for jailbreaking with no network issues in ios4.3.2.. Could you please tell me that......Did they improve Cydia with ios4.

I love typo clock.

Thanks in Advance.

zaitmi said:
Hi everybody,

I am from India recently bought new Factory unlocked iPhone 4(16gb) with 4.3.2 installed. I want to jailbreak my iPhone but the apple shop salesman has told me not to do it as it will void the warranty, but I told him that I can restore it factory settings through iTunes, he told me that a script is saved in the iPhone that can be traced at the service centre if something goes wrong on my iPhone and my warranty will be void. Is this true?

Last time I jailbroke my iPhone 3G(3.2.1) twice with redsnow, both the times it started giving me network related problems like I was unable receive calls while surfing or downloading apps also I was getting silent calls without any sound. After restoring it back it started working fine. What about ios4.3.2, is it better and more stable than 3.2.1?

Is redsnow the best, safe and reliable for jailbreaking with no network issues in ios4.3.2.. Could you please tell me that......Did they improve Cydia with ios4.

I love typo clock.

Thanks in Advance.

Jail breaking is completely safe and reversible. Go to jailbreakme.com thats the easiest way...and I guess Cydia improved. Everything improves over time :)

Thanks for the reply. But why this network problem happens? Is somebody else also facing the same problem? I googled it and found many network related problem with jailbreak? For this reason my wife is stopping me to do it. She is scared that my phone will loose it's warranty and something bigger might happen/go wrong.

Plz help??

zaitmi said:
Thanks for the reply. But why this network problem happens? Is somebody else also facing the same problem? I googled it and found many network related problem with jailbreak? For this reason my wife is stopping me to do it. She is scared that my phone will loose it's warranty and something bigger might happen/go wrong.

Plz help??

Nothing can go wrong. You'll have to literally throw your phone into a lake to void your warranty. I have never heard of jailbreaking a iphone that caused network issues. Believe me you're safe. Now the apps and tweaks people install may though.

Your sale's person has no clue in what he's talking about and is only trying to scare you so you wont jailbreak. Jail-breaking is completely legal and will not void any warranty, even Apple sells an unlocked phone now.

even Apple sells an unlocked phone now.

Apple sells factory unlocked phones which is way different than a software unlocked phone.

Jailbreaking DOES void your warranty but at any time you can restore your firmware to a factory firmware and they will have no way of knowing that you were ever jailbroken. The only exception is if you have an iPhone3G or 3Gs and you updated to the iPad baseband. That is the only way they would be able to tell that you were jailbroken.

Thanks for shearing that info about the voiding of the warranty, i had more to post on the last post but for some reason it didn't show up....weird

Thanks a lot i will jailbreak my iphone today. But one more thing i am getting a message from my carrier as Carrier Update. Should i go for this update before or after jailbreaking. Currently my modem firmware is 04.10.01. I hope this is my baseband for my iPhone 4. Will it make any difference?

i love type clock from deviantart.

Thanks a lot i will jailbreak my iphone today. But one more thing i am getting a message from my carrier as Carrier Update. Should i go for this update before or after jailbreaking. Currently my modem firmware is 04.10.01. I hope this is my baseband for my iPhone 4. Will it make any difference?

i love type clock from deviantart.

Don't upgrade, if you upgrade you will be able to jailbreak fine but it will be a tether jailbreak, but actually what is the version of your iOS? If it's 4.3.3 or lower or 4.2.8 or lower then you can untether jailbreak, but if you are on a higher iOS than 4.3.3 or 4.2.8 then it doesn't really matter if you upgrade according to your carrier notification, all you will have after jailbreaking it will be an tether jailbreak.

Thanks. Its 4.3.2. ok I won't do carrier upgrade now may be later on.
Jailbreakme.com will do tether or untethered jailbreak for my iPhone 4. I want untethered jailbreak. Should I go for jailbreakme.com, I am having 3G connectivity on my iPhone 4 but soon I will go back to normal GPRS.

Thanks. Its 4.3.2. ok I won't do carrier upgrade now may be later on.
Jailbreakme.com will do tether or untethered jailbreak for my iPhone 4. I want untethered jailbreak. Should I go for jailbreakme.com, I am having 3G connectivity on my iPhone 4 but soon I will go back to normal GPRS.

Yeah jailbreakme.com will give you a clean and good untether jailbreak.

A carrier update just updates the carrier settings whereas a firmware update updates your actual iOS. Carrier updates are just fine.