What's new

Should i stay on teathered jailbreak 5.1

taylor4338

Reaction score
I tried to update my teathered iPhone4 to 5.1.1 with iTunes and it downloaded everything then my phone just crashed and my computer said unable to update. Well I got lucky my device turned back on. I just did the just boot on red snow and everything's working just as good as before. I dont really have a problem being on 5.1 with a teathered jailbreak. Does anyone think I should just play it safe and stay where I'm at for now??

I had the same thing happen but my phone will not work now just stuck with colored screen and can't restore even in dfu mode.

rdchevy said:
I had the same thing happen but my phone will not work now just stuck with colored screen and can't restore even in dfu mode.

Yeah I was afraid mine wouldn't turn back on being on a teathered jailbreak specially since it crashed half way in the download so I figured there was only half the software on the device. Well it turned back on and everything worked except for anything that had to do with cydia so I did just boot with red snow and it worked great. I went ahead and shut it off just to see if it would turn back on and it did so somehow my jailbreak is in a semi jailbroken state somehow but I think the smart thing to do is just keep it where it's at for now.