What's new

Unique ringtone for changing contact address????????

bluemesa159

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I am trying to figure out a ringtone issue and I'm hoping some smart folks can help me! I am a volunteer firefighter and we receive text notification of dispatch messages. Unfortunately, the address they come from is unique each time... it contains a sequential number field (i.e. cad_########@website.net). Is it possible to somehow use wildcards or some other means to create a contact for this? I'd like to set a unique ringtone to these dispatch notices so that I know to check them right away (for obvious reasons!).

Thanks,
Peter

Bumping this back up, in hopes of getting an answer...

Thanks in advance!!!

You can definitely set custom ringtone for certain contacts....

But if the number is really just a random number every time ...then that could not be done.

I really don't think so...I'll look into it..post back of find anything...but I really doubt this.

And the numbers you say are entirely random every time?

Truly random. I believe it is year, day & next message number. I just deleted my history of texts, so I can't verify the pattern at the moment.

I remember an EMT posting this very same question a while back. I am pretty sure there was no answer or resolution for you. I'll see if I can find the thread.