What's new

Unhide nested apps.

efin

Reaction score
Help. I recently accidentally hid all my nested Google apps. I don't know how I hid them, so I have no idea how to unhide them.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, efin!

The other thread you started on the same topic has been deleted. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your problem to this thread.

Did you search for the apps? Spotlight Search will show where you hid the folders, afaik.

If you can't find them, restart your device: turn it off and on again. This should place them to their former, unhidden location.

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhoneForums, efin!

The other thread you started on the same topic has been deleted. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your problem to this thread.

Did you search for the apps? Spotlight Search will show where you hid the folders, afaik.

If you can't find them, restart your device: turn it off and on again. This should place them to their former, unhidden location.
I tried the restart as soon as I lost the nest. To open Chrome or any of my other Google apps I have to find them in the Apps Store and tap Open. I don't know how to use Spotlight Search.

Pull down from about the center of your home screen. You should see a search bar. Type in the name of the app you can't find. Once it pops up on the search at you should be able to click on it. To un-nest you do the opposite of nesting. Put your finger on an icon and hold for a minute. They all start wiggling. Now, put your finger down on the icon you want to in-hide hold down and move the icon out of the folder box. Let go of the icon. Press your home button and the icons stop wiggling.

Pull down from about the center of your home screen. You should see a search bar. Type in the name of the app you can't find. Once it pops up on the search at you should be able to click on it. To un-nest you do the opposite of nesting. Put your finger on an icon and hold for a minute. They all start wiggling. Now, put your finger down on the icon you want to in-hide hold down and move the icon out of the folder box. Let go of the icon. Press your home button and the icons stop wiggling.
Thank you. My problem is not with nesting and un-nesting. iOS has somehow hidden a whole nest...all my Google apps. I searched for them with Silverlight and was able to open them. It's quicker than going into the App Store to open them. When I dismiss the app, it does not appear anywhere on my screen. Hoping to get my Google Nest back. Where is it and how will I get it back?

Spotlight Search will show you in which folder they are:
image.jpg

Spotlight Search will show you in which folder they are:
View attachment 18404
Thank you. I tap the folder named (in my case "Google") on the right and it opens whichever app sits to the left. When I dismiss the app my Google nested folder does not appear on the home screen. It is hidden. How does one unhide the folder. I think I hid it when I accidentally touched delete in another application a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember what application I was in when that happened. I have read on other sites how to unhide a folder, but it requires developer privilege.

In Settings - General - Reset - Reset Home Screen Layout. This will remove all folders, hopefully unhide your nested folders, you'll have to rearrange everything on your homescreens again afterwards.

Or delete the apps in Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage, and install them again after removing them from your device.

Last edited:
In Settings - General - Reset - Reset Home Screen Layout. This will remove all folders, hopefully unhide your nested folders, you'll have to rearrange everything on your homescreens again afterwards.

Or delete the apps in Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage, and install them again after removing them from your device.
Ugh...I was hoping to avoid that. I have a bunch of apps...all organized in folders. Guess I will continue to use searchlight to find my Googles when I need them. Thank you so much for all your help and I apologize for violating the rules.

If you follow my second advice, all you need to do is to delete the apps you can't find on your iPhone, and then go to your Purchased tab in the App Store and reinstall them. The only folder that has to be recreated in that case would be the one with the Google apps.

Thank you. I don't know if I can delete apps that I can't see, but will give it a try.

Thank you. I don't know if I can delete apps that I can't see, but will give it a try.
You can delete them, they should show up in Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage. When you tap the app there, you'll be able to delete it:
image.jpg

Got it. Thank you so much. Now I can't bring myself to reveal my other problem. Maybe tomorrow. LOL

You're welcome.

If your other problem is not related to this one, you could start another thread. Good luck!