What's new

iPhone 6 Plus and Nest Cam - Can Alerts Be Made Louder?

buffalodon1

Reaction score
I have Dropcam Pro (now Nest Cam) cameras and services, including the monthly subscription that stores and allows me to make clips. My question has to do with how I get notifications and alerts on my iPhone 6 Plus. Currently, when I get a motion or loud noise alert, my iPhone makes the normal, soft ping. I would prefer that my iPhone had either a much Louder noise, or at least if I could select a different tone than the standard, soft ping noise. However, I can't seem to figure out how to change it to a different tone, or how to make the alerts much louder. I asked Nest if there was a setting in the Dropcam App for iPhone that allows me to change the tone it has my iPhone make, or if might there be an App or technique by which I could either make my phone "SCREAM" when an alert is sent, or that the alarm could do something like make my home telephone ring (it's ring is loud and would wake me up if asleep). Unfortunately the Nest support folks said, "no, there is nothing in the Nest Cam app at this time" ... and they said there might be some 3rd party apps for iPhone that could do so, but they weren't allowed to "recommend" anything. Any input or help along these lines would be greatly appreciated.