What's new

Unable to reset Iphone 4s after Jailbreak Absinthe

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzir

Reaction score
Hi,
I have iphone 4s running firmware iphone4,1_5.0.1_9A405
I was susccessfully jailbreak the phone using Absinthe Jailbreak Version 1.2.2 Tool.
I am able to install apps etc ,general tests confirmed most things are working Ok.

As a test i try to reset the iphone, but it does not work.

I am trying to reset to make sure i can remain on this firmware. So In case something goes wrong , i can always reset / restore same firmware and reapply the jailbreak.

At presnt i assume apple are signing the firmware 5.0.1 for Iphone 4s , so i can restore my iphone 4s to formware 5.0.1 without any problem.

I tried to reset the phone from settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings
Screen just shows spining sign and its just going in loop.

After waiting for long time 30 minutes, i reset the phone by pressing home and power button.
Phone switched Off, and then i powered it ON again. and it restarted OK.

This test confirms that i am unable to reset the phone 4s after Jailbreak using tool Absinthe 1.2.2.

Only way i can restore or reset phone is via Itunes > using Shift button and Selecting the firmware.

I would like to confirm that i have succesfully able to reset/restore same firmware 5.0.1 after jailbreaking my iphone 4s 9A405.

Is this known issue? or is there any fix for it?
How can I reset my phone 4s and remain on same firmware.

Last edited:
You cant reset a jailbroken iphone using the built in reset feature, its been that way since forever I believe.

Now as far as maintaining the same firmware, Im trying to get to the bottom of this also. When iOS 5.1 comes out you wont be able to reset/restore 5.0.1 anymore because it wont be signed by apple. Basically if you need to wipe your phone your going to get stuck on 5.1. Im hoping ifaith can work with the 4s now that its jailbroken but as it stands I dont think it can.

That is quite an assumption. Not all people reading this thread are experienced at jailbreaking, some are new to it and may not know the risks involved. The thread is not just read by the experienced it is might also be read by slickdeal members who might be curious what it's all about.

As this thread's long past it's stale period, we'll go ahead and close this for archive purposes only. We do appreciate the input though.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Status
Not open for further replies.