What's new

No signal after a hard reset.

Serik21

Reaction score
This will be the third time I've encountered a lost cell signal after a hard reset of the iPhone (home + sleep). My phone locked up earlier when I tried to turn off iMessage and forced me to hard reset it. After the reboot my Carrier info just sits on searching. I've tried many things, respringing, soft reset, deleting wireless settings, removing the sim card and rebooting. It seems as though them phone stops recognizing the sim port past booting because if the sim card is ejected the phone gives no response, but if I boot with it out it will stay stuck on no sim wether or not I have one in. I've solved this issue twice before with a restore and rejailbreak but would like to avoid this. It's an iPhone 4 on the latest untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak. Thanks for your help.

what about when you are using the iPhone with a stock iOS? do you face that issue with the network signal? If no, then it's the jailbreak could be the issue. I would suggest you use another tool to jailbreak it and see how it goes.

Try toggling airplane mode on and off. Reset network settings. And as a last resort, factory restore.

Tried all of that before posting with no success. Not sure what tools are available for jb 5.0.1 untethered aside from redsnow. Ended up doing a factory restore and re jailbreaking. Guess I'll just avoid hard resets at all costs.