What's new

Two week old 5 replaced already

J T

Reaction score
After just two short weeks with a new iPhone 5, the lightning cable port stop working in "one direction." By that, I mean, the cable plugged in one direction worked, but the other it didn't (troubleshot with four different cables between my 5 and my gf's 5). But...it's identical on both sides! Baffling, eh? Even baffled the guy at the Verizon store when I took it in this morning as he tried several different cables with the same results.

Aside from that, my phone "died" for about 25 minutes this morning while on a nearly full charge. I made one phone call, set the phone down and when I tried to use it again a few minutes later, it wouldn't power on. After those 25 minutes or so, it suddenly decided it felt like turning back on as it sat on my computer desk. I tried to swipe it to unlock, but it was unresponsive. I let it sit there for a few minutes and it finally swiped unlock on its own! Coming from a steaming pile of s*#t droid3, I suddenly started to experience deja vu. Could the iPhone 5 be as crappy as a droid? No way...it MUST be a lemon.

So I go it swapped out for a brand new one free of charge, and now I'm happy again. :)

I will chalk up my bad experience as just being unlucky with my first iPhone.

I couldn't agree with KevinJS more.

Welcome to the forum btw! :)

Thanks! :) However, I probably should have been here years ago, if not for having my head stuck up my ass. For some reason I had convinced myself that I needed a keyboard on my phone (thus the droid 3) and I was finally able to shake myself of that delusion a few months ago. Then it was just a matter of waiting for my upgrade date to arrive.

Being an exclusive apple computer user since '94, I finally feel "complete" owning this phone. :D

Thanks! :) However, I probably should have been here years ago, if not for having my head stuck up my ass. For some reason I had convinced myself that I needed a keyboard on my phone (thus the droid 3) and I was finally able to shake myself of that delusion a few months ago. Then it was just a matter of waiting for my upgrade date to arrive.

Being an exclusive apple computer user since '94, I finally feel "complete" owning this phone. :D

Lol.
That's great you're enjoying the iPhone experience! Guess you must've heard we have cookies. XD

Lol.
That's great you're enjoying the iPhone experience! XD

Very much so! My gf was a 3-year droid user and I got her to buy a 5 a week after I got mine. She and I both agree...greatest thing ever. :)

Lol.

That's great you're enjoying the iPhone experience! Guess you must've heard we have cookies. XD

Cookies....we were having cookies?....(as she goes running to fin the cookie jar, lol)

Welcome to the group.