What's new

Two questions not addressed in iPhone presentation

SheerLuckiPhone

Reaction score
1 what happened to the YouTube icon on the front screen?

2 There is a rumor that using the iPhone 5 will increase your charges from your carrier per month even thought you do not change your plan.

Anyone got the know on these?

Utube is now a app which was updated by google . The old utube app was basically not good. Google has released a new app which is a free down load. Apple has broken ties with google which is why it was removed from the core apps supplied.

My only thought is if you use the ph on any 4g network you may increase charges due to down loading more data. Previously most uses would use wifi for updates and also downloading Apps etc it would make sense to be able to do this any time which will increase your data and also cost. My thought would be to use wifi where possible which should balance out.

As I am in Australia I am not familiar with US carriers so will let one of our experianced team assist you as there may be something else I am unaware of.

By the way welcome to our forums. Sorry I did not realize you were a new member.

SheerLuckiPhone said:
1 what happened to the YouTube icon on the front screen?

2 There is a rumor that using the iPhone 5 will increase your charges from your carrier per month even thought you do not change your plan.

Anyone got the know on these?

from what i understand but dont quote me on it is 1 the only carrier in the usa that has a truly unlimited plan for the iphones (albeit there is a cap) is sprint... 2 att said that they are going to implement overage charges for anyone who uses the iphone 5 facetime while not connected to a wifi connection... 3 if you have verizon and you were grandfathered in with unlimited access to data, text etc you can maintain that plan unless you upgrade to the iphone 5 if you do that the only way you can get an unlimited plan is if you sign up for the share everything plan or you can buy the phone outright and do the whole pay as you go thing which is remarkably cheaper

CNET said that Apple and googles youtube agreement or contract had lapsed and apple didnt include youtube in ios 6 but google created a free app that would support it.
About the plan increases, during the CNET live blog they said that LTE uses data faster than 3g so most the average or above users would go through there data plan much faster than when they used 3g. I guess that would be the reason your plan would cost more