What's new

two odd issues

smallscreenlover

Reaction score
Hello Forum,

My SE has two issues that I cant resolve, thus my first post here.

First, when I scroll to the bottom of my contacts a long list of telephone numbers have populated, could be 100 of them. Some numbers I recognize many I don't.

The other issue that's quite annoying is when I receive a call from someone who is in my contact list, what shows is their number and not their name. This happens to just a few of my contacts.

Thank you for any help in this matter. I do love my SE!

Mario

Last edited:
How did you transfer your contacts to the SE, it sounds like it is corrupted. And possibly your title didn't attract the attention it might have if you had named it something like Contact list problems or something giving more info.

If these are just a few contacts showing their number when they're calling, they might have decided not to show more information. So that's not happening because of a setting or a bug on your iPhone, but because of their decision. The iPhone has a feature called "Show My Caller ID" in Settings - Phone. When you call someone with it enabled, the recipient will see your name. Depending on the devices calling you, this could be disabled on their iPhones, and I guess other kinds of mobile phones will have a similar feature.

If a caller has turned off Show my ID, their number isn't displayed at all.

Have you checked the Accounts associated with your Contacts in settings? It may be that the numbers associated with a particular account may not show the name of the contact because Contacts has not been switched on for that account.

Thank you for your replies.

Bear7692, you may be on to something. What I didn't mention was that I did have a six plus, gave that to my daughter and purchased an SE. So we did do a transfer.

CarolineM, if I follow you correctly...I went to Settings then Contacts. Top of the page says Accounts, attached to that is iCloud and Outlook (Outlook being me email account). When I click on Accounts I then have the choice of opening either one. When I open iCloud I see that the radio button for Contacts is on. When I click on the Outlook account the radio button for Contacts is not on, the reason for this is my email account is not activated on my phone...personal preference.

Mario

Last edited:
You can have Contacts on without necessarily having Mail on. If you have any contacts associated with your Outlook account they won't show if Contacts are switched off. You may of course, have all your contacts in iCloud; in which case the above won't matter.

CarolineM, it does appear that I have my contacts in the cloud alone. I'm going to drop into my cell provider and if no help comes from that I'll try the Apple store.

thank you