What's new

My iPhone SE battery beta health has dropped

TheBigAndy

Reaction score
I have an iPhone SE that I bought brand new four months ago, I use it just like I used my last phone the iPhone 5s. And at first it was fine, but over the last two months the battery beta health has dropped from 100% to 83%, and I have done nothing different from the first two months, while someone else that I know that has the iPhone SE has had theirs for three years, and is still at 98%. Any thoughts?
IMG_0802.jpg

Not all batteries are created equal and some lose capacity sooner than others. The standard warranty says that the battery should retain 80% of its original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. If it drops below that you should be able to get a free battery replacement under warranty. Your iphone looks like it will soon qualify for a battery replacement. Batteries - Service and Recycling

Well, my phone’s battery health is now at 72%, so I took it to the Apple Store yesterday, and they said it has been refurbished and that they cannot do anything with it, I have to get a new one.

What is the best one I can get for my money?

Well, my phone’s battery health is now at 72%, so I took it to the Apple Store yesterday, and they said it has been refurbished and that they cannot do anything with it, I have to get a new one.
How could they say your iphone was refurbished if you bought it brand new last fall?

Must have bought it as a refurbished one for a lesser price? That us all I can think of. New is NEW, refurbished isn’t!!

If Apple won’t fix it, there are a bunch of electronic repair shops that would replace your battery a lot cheaper than a new phone. There is even a battery store (commercial and automotive batteries) in our area that advertises they can replace your iPhone battery. Maybe not the best solution but certainly cheaper than buying a new phone, that is if you like your phone.

Batteries plus is the place that can replace your phone battery if Apple won’t. I think the price is $39. Way better then having to buy a new phone!

Must have bought it as a refurbished one for a lesser price? That us all I can think of. New is NEW, refurbished isn’t!!
If you buy a refurbished device from Apple it has the same 1 year warranty as a new device, including the replacement of a defective battery.

Well, to answer all of your questions, I was told by AT&T reps that it was brand new when I bought it, and, as well I am good with replacing the battery, and that is not a problem for me to do, it’s just that there are other pieces missing according to the Apple Store.
And now the screen has a big blue spot at the top as well.

Also, ever since the Apple store took the phone apart, the screen doesn’t want to hold itself in, as well as the touch ID rarely works anymore. But they said they cannot do anything about it, as it is refurbished they won’t touch it. Even though they messed it up.

Wait. If you purchased a "brand new iPhone SE" four months ago it would still be under warranty and Apple would replace the phone or battery, not tell you there is nothing they can do with it.

Maybe AT&T sold you a used iphone as new. Go here and enter your iPhone serial number. This will tell you when it was originally sold by Apple and when the warranty will expire. If the date the warranty was activated is not the day you purchased the iPhone, AT&T committed fraud by selling you a second hand iPhone as a new device. Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Last edited: