What's new

TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS

Thanks much appreciated.
What is your take on the web browsers fire fox vs internet explorer vs google chrome is there a preferred browser for jailbreaking etc

Awesome, awesome post. Thanks for taking the time to do this, serious stress reliever!

robmar1 said:
Thanks much appreciated.
What is your take on the web browsers fire fox vs internet explorer vs google chrome is there a preferred browser for jailbreaking etc

I'm a Mac guy so I can't speak from experience. However I have read on many occasions about folks having problems using IE. Most seem to encourage using Firefox.

I've followed this tutorial to a T and still get error 1602 and then on the next try 1601. I'm using a good cable, not a USB hub, just straight in to the laptop. I've downloaded the file twice, still the same errors - trying a different usb port now for the third time.

I have not tried to unjailbreak my device yet but you say if viewing this post something has gone wrong, so is there
another way to restore it back? My first attempt at the most recent JB with absinthe when I didn't see cydia I did the erase all contents and data and got permanently stuck in incompatable SIM card mode. Fortunately apple just swapped out my 4S for a new one, but I don't want to push my luck! Thanks

Hi, i cannot untick "set hosts to cydia on exit", what shall i do ?

libutausk said:
Hi, i cannot untick "set hosts to cydia on exit", what shall i do ?

Something protecting it like an antivirus program or anti-spyware program that is running. Shut them Down completely.
You must be running administrator.

Hi team,

got a itune error 36 when updating restoring my iphone4s. Followed your steps correctly. Any helps?

I`m just curious, is it possible to unlock older iOS of iphone 4s ? If yes, can any1 share some info about that ? It would be the reason to downgrade my iphone, cuz its imposible to unlock the newest iOS as i know, except with the greveys card. Thanks.

Last edited:
I`m just curious, is it possible to unlock older iOS of iphone 4s ? If yes, can any1 share some info about that ? It would be the reason to downgrade my iphone, cuz its imposible to unlock the newest iOS as i know, except with the greveys card. Thanks.

There has never been a software unlock for the iPhone4S except for the SAM unlock that was patched by Apple. All iPhone4S require a hardware unlock such as the Gevey Ultra S.

In addition to Jmills' comment above... there's no way to downgrade the iOS version on a 4S. You can w/ an iP4 and previous because of an existing bootrom exploit... that was unfortunately patched on the 4S.