What's new

Trying to upgrade to iOS 4.2.1

Mslaurie70

Reaction score
I have an iphone4 with iOS 4.1 and it's jail broken. I would like to upgrade to 4.2.1 but since 4.3 is out I'm not sure how. I am new to this forum stuff sorry

Just curious, is there any real advantage to upgrading form 4.1? 4.1 is very stable, plus others have posted about increasing problems w/ 4.2, etc. I can't vouch for their validity though.
I'm with 4.1 and plan to stay this way because it's a rock!

you cant unless you have shsh blobs saved.. so you have to upgrade to the latest but 4.3.3 is better then 4.2.1

Just curious, is there any real advantage to upgrading form 4.1? 4.1 is very stable, plus others have posted about increasing problems w/ 4.2, etc. I can't vouch for their validity though.
I'm with 4.1 and plan to stay this way because it's a rock!

If 4.1 is good and stable for you then stay with it, there are new features in 4.3.3 and yes this latest iOS giving hard time to some people to. So it's all your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an iphone4 with iOS 4.1 and it's jail broken. I would like to upgrade to 4.2.1 but since 4.3 is out I'm not sure how. I am new to this forum stuff sorry

Just connect your phone to itunes and it will upgrade your phone to the latest iOS. You said you are jailbroken, you will need to download apps like aptBackup or pkgBackup from cydia to backup your cydia apps and tweaks, and don't forget to backup your phone using itunes also so that your contacts, sms, and other stuffs in your phone will not be lost after upgrading. And if you relay on unlock, care about your phone baseband and read out on the forum or on google to find out if your baseband is unlockable at the moment.

If 4.1 is good and stable for you then stay with it, there are new features in 4.3.3 and yes this latest iOS giving hard time to some people to. So it's all your call.

Yeah, I'll probably update my iOS eventually after I read of a very stable version. (Pipe dreams??) And thanks for your words and knowledge -- I think I'm going to "use" you for some info quite soon. Beware!

Aside: Man, you had only about 770 postings just a couple of weeks ago. Do you sleep??!!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes one of them being wifi issues on 4.3.3.. personally i have had no problems on 4.3.3 jailbroken no more then on 4.2.1 or any other 4.XX firmware

Yeah, I'll probably update my iOS eventually after I read of a very stable version. (Pipe dreams??) And thanks for your words and knowledge -- I think I'm going to "use" you for some info quite soon. Beware!

Aside: Man, you had only about 770 postings just a couple of weeks ago. Do you sleep??!!

Yes i do :) i sleep enough for me to stand all day on the forum :) the reason why is that i have the forum on my phone and even on the go i'm on the forum to help newbies solve out their issues with their new idevices. At the same time i'm also learning a lot from the forum ;)

so its easier especially with the app he uses. in fact i think all his posts here where from the phone and never from a computer