What's new

Trouble with MiWi on Verizon 4.2.6

Bhinton

Reaction score
I received my Verizon I4 today and successfully used greenpois0n to jb, then when i was installing my packages, MyWi caused a Safe Mode boot, once i deleted it from cydia the phone was fine, tried a couple more times with the same result. Any ideas out there? I sure like using MyWi for tethering, seeing as how verizon or at&t will stick you for more money either way you go. My other I4 running 4.2.1 has no issues with MyWi. Just checking

Last edited:
I received my Verizon I4 today and successfully used greenpois0n to jb, then when i was installing my packages, MyWi caused a Safe Mode boot, once i deleted it from cydia the phone was fine, tried a couple more times with the same result. Any ideas out there? I sure like using MyWi for tethering, seeing as how verizon or at&t will stick you for more money either way you go. My other I4 running 4.2.1 has no issues with MyWi. Just checking

You have to give the developers time to update the app for 4.2.1

Hopefully they are able to implement changes quickly. I guess I will have to carry the kids' hotspot around for a bit.

It is working fine on Verizon 4.2.6, just forces you into safemode. Email their support and I'm sure they'll get it fixed pretty soon.

I've got the same problem here. I JB'd the new Verizon iPhone 4 with 4.2.6. Most apps install fine from cydia, but MyWi makes it go to Safe Mode. It does work however, but I can't be walking around with phone in safe mode.

Any workarounds yet?

PDAnet is working flawlessly(14 day trial). I'm trying to find out if one of my Android Registration Codes will transfer. There is also a SBSettings Toggle Addition for PDANet on Cydia which is nice. Going to try to get a refund for MyWi until they fix it.

man those guys are quick, MyWi is now working with 4.2.6 Kudos to Intelliborn for the fast fix