What's new

jailbreak failed

prnzez2

Reaction score
I just tried to jailbreak my new verizon iphone and it said that it failed. Then it wouldn't turn on at all. I have it hooked up to itunes right now and it said it detected a phone in recovery mode and is downloading the software. What did I do wrong? I'm really scared to try again, but I feel like I'm missing out. I have 4.2.6 (8e200). I wanted to jailbreak so that I can tether my wifi only ipad with mywi. I was using greenpoison. Should I try again, that is if my phone starts working again? I literally felt my heart skip a couple beats when it wouldn't turn on, lol.

Sounds to me like you did it right. When you put it in the mode on greenpois0n I can see how you would think it failed but you have to click the jailbreak button after you do the button press steps on the actual ip4.

I did push the jailbreak button. And then nothing happened, no white screen, no letters scrolling, no nothing. It just went blank and stayed that way. When you start to do it it says to turn it off, and plug it into your computer. Should I wait for itunes to recognize it or go ahead and start the process immediately? When I plugged my phone in it turned back on was that wrong? I followed the video on the other post for the rc6.1 version. I'm a bit confused about the beginning. I did backup before I started.

Ok, it came back to life, Thank goodness!!!! But, strange thing happened it said it was unable to restore and had an error code 1686. So I clicked ok then it started syncing as usual and it appears to be back to normal. All my settings are the same as if nothing happened. Would you try again if you were me? Has anyone had it fail the first time and work the second?

nevermind tried it again and success!!!!! Installing cydia right now :) In case anyone else has this happen, you have to turn the phone off and then start the process immediately don't let it sync to itunes. But do backup on itunes first. That was my problem the first-time. Not sure if it's because I'm on windows or what but that's what worked for me.

when i try my 1st jb i failed too! lol stuck on white screen and the pc promt me jb failed... i was like WTF i follow everything.. later on i notice i need to switch off my phone... so far jb works fine thk god... a lesson learned lol

I did push the jailbreak button. And then nothing happened, no white screen, no letters scrolling, no nothing. It just went blank and stayed that way. When you start to do it it says to turn it off, and plug it into your computer. Should I wait for itunes to recognize it or go ahead and start the process immediately? When I plugged my phone in it turned back on was that wrong? I followed the video on the other post for the rc6.1 version. I'm a bit confused about the beginning. I did backup before I started.

I realise your all sorted now but just for future reference or for anyone else having a similar problem. Plug your phone in first then turn it off. I believe that's what greenpoison says anyway...

Yeah, I ended up finding a video with who I believe to be a high school student and that's how I figured it out, lol. It made me feel very old but I am really enjoying my jailbroken phone now. I thought I loved it before, but now it is even better, well worth the 3 years or so I waited for Verizon to get it. And to the above poster, that's what I did the first time and it failed, still not sure why. I did plug it in first I think, whatever the instructions said is what I did. Who knows the first time I was so nervous maybe I lifted my finger or something.